Story of My Life

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

It's been about forty five minutes since the call, and Nate still had yet to show up. That kind of worried me. On the phone it sounded as if he were crying--which is something you wouldn't see a guy like Nate doing--so I couldn't help but be a bit anxious about it. He could have been crying so much that he couldn't see, and he could have possibly gotten into a wreck and gotten seriously injured. That thought alone scared the living slag out of me. I really hoped he was okay. I don't think I'd be able to bear the thought of him getting hurt or even killed because he was so upset.

My patience was running very low though. If I didn't know any better I'd swear that my cousins were actually trying to annoy the hell out of me. I've been trying to find something on TV to watch to get my mind off of Nate's absence, but these little delinquents weren't allowing that to happen. I have literally been fighting with them for the past twenty minutes trying to get the remote away from them, but I was too afraid to hurt them to use any kind of force on them. I wasn't completely heartless, and they were my family. I cared about them enough to not want to end their lives, so I guess that counted.

"Noah, I swear to Primus. Give me the damn remote, you little delinquent," I grumbled as I chased him up the stairs. For once I wish they would just come here and leave me alone. Maybe if they acted like normal thirteen year olds were supposed to act instead of acting like stupid little seven year olds, I would might take liking them into consideration.

"You're gonna have to catch me," he laughed.

I was about to run at him when my dad yelled my name. I stopped almost immediately, but after a few seconds I headed back down the stairs. My dad was in the hallway with his arms crossed.

"Someone is at the door for you. And please leave the children alone. I'd rather you not hurt them," he told me before walking away.

I just groaned and ran to the front door, yanking it open. Nate stood in the doorway and I was shocked at the sight of him. He did not look like his normal, happy self at all. His face was paler than normal, his eyes were very swollen and very red, and his cheeks were tear-stained. This was all the confirmation that I needed to know that he had been crying.

I was barely able to even open my mouth to speak to him before he wrapped me in a tight hug. At first I was a bit startled, but I hugged him back. He began crying again, so I rubbed his back in a comforting manner. After a few seconds I pulled away from him. I needed to know what was wrong with him and I needed to know now.

"I need you to tell me what's wrong, Nate," I told him.

He took a deep breath and wiped his eyes. "I'm sorry."

I was about to respond when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned to see my mom running down the stairs with a basket of clothes in her hands. Odds were that she just threw a bunch of random clothing into it to keep my dad from asking unnecessary questions. I still couldn't believe what she told me earlier. I was going to have a little brother or sister, and I honestly didn't know how to feel about it.

She smiled once she saw us, but it dropped when she took int he expression on Nathan's face. Once she was off the stairs she sat the basket down on the floor and walked over to us.

"Nathan, honey. What's wrong?" she asked with a frown on her face.

He sniffed and wiped his face again. "Would it be okay if I let Kaelyn tell you? You look pretty busy anyway. I wouldn't want to bother you."

It was still pretty ridiculous how my parents ever thought this boy right here could ever hurt somebody the way his dad has. I just didn't understand it.