You've Got A Deal

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I was nervous, and it was not because my dad was now overseas on some weird European mission that could possibly take him away from me forever. I was nervous because today I was supposed to tell Nathan the truth about me and the truth about my family. Part of me was more than ready to tell him, but the other part of me just wanted to keep him from knowing. There was a possibility that after I told him he would either freak out, leave me, and never talk to me again, but there was also the possibility that he would continue to like me even though I was half robot. I wouldn't understand how any sane human possibly do that. My mom did it, but let's be honest; my mom is nowhere close to being even remotely sane.

For the past hour I have been trying to find something suitable to wear. I think Nate mentioned something about going to Olive Garden to make up for the night lost there all those days ago, so I wanted to look nice, not only for the restaurant, but for Nate as well. My makeup and hair was already done, but I just couldn't seem to find the right outfit.

As I was rummaging through my closet I stopped at the sound of a click in my head. Someone was trying to reach me over the com-link, but they shouldn't be. All of the Autobots were overseas and I took any one of them trying to reach me as something bad.

"What?" I said. "Whoever this is better not be calling me while this stupid mission is taking place. I refuse to be responsible for your imminent death."

"What a lovely greeting, Kay. I love you too," my dad grunted through the link.

I snickered. "Hey, dad. What's up?"

"Not much. Just dreading the fact that I'm here instead of home with you and your mother," he answered. He sounded less than pleased.

"Aw, we miss you," I told him as I started rummaging through my clothes again.

"Likewise."

"No, I'm so serious. Mom asked me to go to the store with her, Adalyn, and the twins this morning and I forgot just how bad of a driver she is. It's raining outside, so she hydroplaned and we almost ran into someone's mailbox. At least with you I don't have to worry about dying every time I go somewhere," I laughed.

He chuckled. "I'm sorry about your misfortune. I'll be home soon to take you wherever you like."

"Thanks," I chuckled. "This is some fucking shit though."

"What's wrong?"

I groaned and threw a shirt to the floor. "I've been looking for an outfit to wear for the past hour, yet I have nothing."

"Where are you supposed to be going?" I could hear the skepticism in his voice.

I pursed my lips. "I forgot to mention this to you, but I am going out with Nate today. I have some things to discuss with him regarding my Cybertronian nature."

"Oh. Wear the leather jacket I got you for your birthday, a pair of black jeans, some shirt, and those shoes your mom got you," he told me.

I raised a brow. "You hang around mom way too much. And why are you acting so calm about this?" I laughed.

"I'm not, but there isn't much I can do when I'm three-thousand miles away."

"I'll be fine. I promise," I assured him.

"I truly hope so. I need to go now though," he said.

I frowned. "Okay."

"Don't be upset. I will try to contact you tonight. I love you, Kay."

"I love you too, dad. Be safe, please."

"Always," was the last thing he said before the link was cut off.

I let out a sad sigh and proceeded on to retrieve the clothing items he suggested I wear. Once I was changed I walked over to get my phone and my bag before heading down the stairs. Walking in these shoes was a lot harder than I anticipated they would be. It's been months since I've worn them, so I was a little bit rusty. I just hoped I didn't fall over them.

Luckily for me, I managed to make it to the living room without falling or so much as stumbling. My mom, Adalyn, and the twins were in the living room like they normally were, but the one person who surprised me was Nathan. He looked over at me and smiled, but I was just too shocked to return it. My nerves were returning and I didn't like it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him with a laugh.

"Your mom let me in," he answered.

"By the way, your outfit is beautiful. For once in your life you didn't need my help. I'm proud," my mom chimed.

I gave her a look. "Yeah, for once I didn't. Dad told me what to wear."

"When did you talk to your dad?" she inquired.

"Like two minutes ago. While you were down here bothering my cute friend, I was upstairs talking to yours," I smirked.

She gave me a dirty look and Adalyn laughed. "You annoy me."

I just shrugged in response.

"Can you do me a favor, Kaelyn?" Adalyn asked me.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Well, your mom and I were going to go out tonight with Carly for a girls' night. I was wondering if you would watch the twins for me?" she asked, a hopeful smile on her face.

I glanced at Nate and got an idea. "I would love to. If it's okay that Nate stays to help me."

"Party time!" Nate exclaimed happily. I laughed at him.

"Fine, but no funny business," my mom teased.

I stuck my tongue out at her before looking at Adalyn. "You have to bring me home McDonald's though."

"You've got a deal," she laughed. "Ten piece, right?"

"Yes. But I think Nate and I should be going now," I said to the two of them.

"Me too. I made reservations," Nate chuckled as he grabbed my hand.

"Bye. Have fun. Oh, and Nate," my mom said to him. "Whatever she tells you, please be open minded about it."

"Mom," I whined.

"No, it's okay. I promise I will," he told her with a smile. Before long the two of us were in his truck heading for Arlington. Hopefully tonight would be good for me.