Casts & Punches

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I was very anxious at the moment. For the past two weeks I have wanted nothing more than to have this stupid cast off of my hand, and now I was finally getting what I wanted. Nobody knew just how difficult and restricting it was to have a cast on, let alone a broken wrist. I could only shower if I had a stupid paper bag covering the damn thing, and that only left me with one hand to wash everything else; that was hard as hell. I was just glad my right hand was the dominant hand, or I wouldn't have survived this at all. Hopefully this never happened to me again, and I highly doubted it would. As long as Ethan refrained from tackling me then I would be okay.

Currently Ratchet was working on sawing through the retched plaster, and I was just growing more antsy as the time passed. I was a bit surprised he hadn't beat me over the head with a wrench yet. Any other time he would have.

"Quit moving, Kaelyn," he ordered me.

I groaned in response. "I'm sorry. I just really really want this thing off of my arm."

"If you would quit moving the process would be a lot faster."

I mocked him. I had hoped he hadn't seen it, but his glare was enough to inform me that he did.

"Need I remind you that you are half Cybertronian, which means that I can hit you over the head with this slagging wrench and not hurt you," he mused. I just wanted to know where the wrench he was now holding came from.

"Sorry, Hatchet." I really needed to stop hanging out with Bumblebee.

"You are about one remark away from me re-breaking your arm. Hush," he demanded.

I chuckled quietly to myself. He was insanely grumpy today for some reason that I didn't care enough to try and figure out. It was just really funny making Ratchet madder when he was already mad.

About five minutes later an abundant amount of relief flooded into my body. My cast was finally off and my wrist could now function properly. This was the greatest day of my life.

"Hell yes!" I exclaimed as I threw my arms up in the air. The only weird thing about this was that my arm felt a lot stronger than it was before I broke it.

"Your wrist should be fine, Kay. Just don't get tackled anymore," Ratchet teased.

I laughed. "Why does it feel stronger though?"

"Because it is. That's where your human side comes in. After a human breaks a bone it heals and becomes stronger to try and prevent another break from happening. It's convenient for them, but for you it just makes you more dangerous," he explained.

"So if I punched you right now using every last ounce of my strength it would hurt?" I questioned.

He gave me a look. "Yes, but I'd rather you not. I'm not afraid to hurt you."

"So, who can I punch?"

"Your father." He nodded his head towards the door and I turned to see my dad's scruffy holoform walking into the MedBay. Thankfully he was just wearing a t-shirt or this would've been exceptionally hard.

He opened up his mouth to speak to Ratchet, but before he could utter a word I punched him in the abdomen. To a human being that would have been like trying to punch through sheet metal, but for me it was like punching through chocolate pudding.

My dad grunted in pain and I laughed loudly. I have been waiting so long to do something like that to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. There was no controlling the giggles escaping my mouth at this very moment. This was just too good.

"I am going to kill you," he grumbled as he composed himself.

I smiled. "Love you."

I hopped off of the table and hurried out of the MedBay. Ethan was supposed to be here in the training room. He swore that he was going to spend every day of his spring break in the training room, and I really didn't understand why. This place was lovely and all, but I wouldn't want to spend every waking hour here.

I shoved my way through the training room doors and immediately locked eyes with Ethan. He smirked at me before doing a bunch of kicks and flips. All I did was walk over to sit on the bench. I would have joined him, but I was not dressed appropriately for it. Plus, these jeans were my favorites and if anything happened to them I'd be pretty upset about it.

"I see you finally got your cast off," he spoke as he hit the punching bag hanging from the ceiling.

"Yes I sure did."

"How are you enjoying it?"

I laughed. "I am loving it. I just punched the shit out of my dad."

He stopped and walked over to me, grabbing the water bottle from beside me. "And he didn't like kill you or anything?"

I shook my head. "I ran away."

He snorted back his laughter. "When's this dinner with Nate and his parents supposed to be?"

"Tomorrow." Now that the subject had been brought up again I was kind of nervous. I just hoped everything went well.

"How long did it take for your mom to convince your dad to go?" he laughed.

"About two days, to be honest," I laughed.

"That bot hates absolutely everything."

I scoffed. "And you're just now noticing this?"

"I've known, but I was just stating. Now, good luck with your dinner. I hope you guys have fun," he told me. He smiled at me and gave my cheek a gentle pat before going back to training.

In all honesty I couldn't wait for tomorrow. I had a feeling that it was going to be a great night.