chapter 35

lia's pov:
while lounging on the couch with mom, a notification popped up: a text from robbie. despite not often messaging each other, i was intrigued and opened it anyway. it turned out to be a message from mom's boyfriend

robbie:

r: hello, lia. i know this might seem strange, but i need your help with something important. i'm considering proposing to your mom, and i could use your guidance on picking out a ring and planning the perfect moment. can you assist me?

e: well, she's fond of flowers and gardening, so incorporating that into the proposal might be a lovely touch. and of course, i'd be glad to help you choose a ring. just let me know when you'd like to go.

r: thank you, eliana. when is your mom working next?

e: she's working tomorrow.

r: could we go look tomorrow then?

e: absolutely, that works for me.

r: thank you, kid.

i set my phone aside and snuggled closer to mom, finding comfort in her embrace as we settled in to watch our movie together.

** time skip to the next day **

mom had left for work an hour ago, and the anticipated knock on the door signaled robbie's arrival, as he mentioned he'd be coming over at 9:15 am i quickly slipped on my shoes and grabbed my phone before heading downstairs to open the door.

"you ready to go?" he asked.

"yep," i nodded.

after closing and locking the door behind me, reassured that i'd return before mom, we made our way to robbie's car and climbed in together.

upon arriving at the jeweler specializing in wedding rings and similar items, we took our time browsing. soon enough, we discovered the perfect ring for her, priced at £500, which robbie paid for.

after grabbing some food since neither of us had eaten yet, we enjoyed our meal together. once we were done, robbie drove me back home.

authors note:

this is just a filler chapter and it's badly written but whatever.

word count: 340