chapter 29

today, i had the opportunity to skip school because i was accompanying my mom on set, something i've been eagerly anticipating. although i'll miss my friends, i'm excited to reunite with the cast whom i haven't seen in ages.

after school, i'll catch up with some of my friends, adeline and emilia, who are joining us on set. they're still in awe that my mom is a famous actress, which never fails to amuse me; they always get nervous around her.

after getting out of bed, i changed into a pair of blue skinny jeans, a black oversized hoodie, and a grey crop top underneath. after putting on socks and tying my hair into a ponytail, i headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth before joining my mom in her room, where i found her resting on the bed.

"good morning, sweetheart" she greeted, patting the space beside her. i shifted over to where she was lying and nestled close to her.

"morning, mom," i whispered softly.

"are you alright, sweet girl?" she inquired gently.

"i'm okay, mom. and you?" i asked with concern.

"i'm good, sweetheart," she reassured, running her fingers through my hair.

** time skip to on set **

mom and i just arrived on set. unfortunately, phoebe couldn't join us today, but i'll catch up with her later.

as i stepped out of the car, i dashed into scarlett's trailer. finding the door open, i bounded inside and leaped onto the couch beside her, wrapping her in a hug.

"hello, beautiful girl," she greeted, planting a gentle kiss on my head.

"hello, auntie scar," i smiled warmly.

"i missed you, little one. you should skip school more often and come see me," she teased, just as mom walked in.

"she should not miss school, scarlett," mom chimed in, feigning sternness, which only added to the amusement.

"she doesn't mean it, sweet girl," auntie scarlett whispered in my ear.

"i know," i whispered back, giggling.

"oh mom, emilia and adeline are coming to set after school. can we hang out in your trailer, please?" i asked eagerly.

"sure, honey," she assured me.

"thank you," i smiled gratefully.

"no problem, sweetheart," she replied warmly.

after a while, i found myself sitting in hemsworth's trailer. both mom and auntie scarlett were filming a scene together, leaving me with hemsworth.

"i'm bored," i sighed.

"what do 13 year olds like doing?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"you have three kids, and you don't know this?" i questioned, surprised by his lack of knowledge.

"i understand, but each child is unique," he responded.

"absolutely, good point," i concurred.

"oh my gosh, hemsworth!" i exclaimed a bit too loudly.

"yes, lia?" he inquired.

"i just had an idea," i informed him.

"alright, what's on your mind?" he asked.

"we should prank mom and auntie scarlett!" i suggested with a giggle.

"how do you propose we do that, kid?" he queried.

"hmm, not sure yet. but i'm sure we can come up with something," i shrugged.

"perhaps i could pretend i can't find you anywhere?" he suggested with a shrug.