chapter 20

lizzie's pov:
lia's birthday was just two weeks away, and while i had a few gift ideas in mind, i wanted to ensure i knew exactly what she wanted.

"hey, lia?" i said.

"yes, mom?" she smiled.

"so, your birthday's coming up soon, right?" i mentioned, and she nodded.

"what else would you like? i have a few ideas, but i also want to know what you want," i explained.

"you don't have to get me anything," she shrugged.

"i want to, honey. is there anything specific you have in mind?" i asked.

"um, maybe a sketchbook?" she suggested.

"sure, sweetheart. anything else?" i offered.

"maybe some legos and clothes?" she replied.

"of course, honey. anything else?" i asked, and she shook her head.

"well, the actors will also be getting you some gifts," i explained.

"they don't have too," she replied.

"i know, but they want too," i told her, and she nodded.

"is there anything special you want to do for your birthday?" i asked her.

"maybe an indoor play centre?" she suggested.

"of course," i smiled.

my phone buzzed with a text, and i grinned when i saw robbie's name.

robbie 😊

r: hey lizzie, i heard lia's birthday is soon?

l: yes, it is.

r: okay, when's her birthday?

l: may 13th.

r: cool, i'll go to the store and get her something.

l: are you sure?

r: of course, it's not a problem.

i smiled and set down my phone. lia mentioned she was hungry, so i went to the kitchen, whipped up some breakfast, and handed it to her once it was ready. she thanked me graciously.

** time skip to a few hours later **

earlier, robbie had messaged me asking if he could come over. lately, we've been getting closer and spending a lot of time together. i think i was starting to catch feelings for him. i asked lia if she was okay with him coming over, and she assured me she was fine with it. i told robbie, and he said he would be over in 15 minutes.

lia and i were sitting on the couch, watching frozen, her current favourite film. anna was her favourite character, and i could see why.

as we watched frozen, a knock on the door interrupted us. lia and i got up to answer it, and lia's immediate reaction warmed my heart.

"robbie!" lia squealed and ran to him.

"hello there, eliana grace," he smiled, lifting her into his arms.

"don't call me that," she pouted.

"sorry, lia," he chuckled.

as they made their way inside, i closed the door, and we all settled on the couch. lia sat inbetween the two of us, engrossed in her movie.

as the day progressed, the three of us enjoyed watching movies together, but i noticed lia was starting to tire out.

"let's take you up to bed, sweetheart," i said softly.