78

Harry Styles

I was cold. I didn't remember beeing cold when I fell asleep. Kennedy was with me and her body heat had kept my warm.

She was gone.

I opened my eyes slowly. The lights of the living room were on and I had to rub my eyes in order for them to adjust. It was only then that I realised that I was shirtless. My wounds were also cleaned but only some of them were bandaged.

Weird.

Kennedy, beeing a doctor, took health really seriously and she never left an unfinished job unless it was absolutely necessary.

I called her name but she did not respond.

Something was wrong. I had a bad feeling and it only got worst after every second of silence that passed.

I reached out for my phone that was laying on the table. I meant to call her but the moment I opened it I was met with ten missed calls from Charlie, three from Benji and a message from Liam. I decided to read the message first.

'Sir, Ms. Simmons left the house. She insisted that it was an emergency."

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

I was about to get my gun and kill them but then I remembered that I had ordered them to let her leave in case of an emergency. She didn't know it but she had said the key word.

But what could be so important?

I didn't have time to consider all the possibilities. I had to find her before it was too late. Even the thought of anything bad happening to her made me sick to my stomach. The feeling was unbearable, especially knowing that I was supposed to protect her. Knowing that I could protect her.

I got off the couch, put a shirt on and grabbed my gun. I was about to leave the house but when I opened the door she was there and...

I wish I had never witnessed that.

Blood!

So much blood!

She was covered in blood.

Her white shirt had a crimson colour. She had ripped a part of it and tied it tightly around her shoulder. Her face was so pale that I could tell even though it was covered in blood.

"Baby!" There were more things that I wanted to say but I didn't have the strength to do that. I wanted to scream. I wanted to make whoever did that to her wish they were dead. But then she spoke.

Her voice...

"Harry... I..."

She tried to take a step but she stumbled. I quickly held her and helped her stand on her feet again. I didn't know what to do. I had no idea where exactly she was hurt or how badly. Staying on her feet wasn't a good idea though so I picked her up and made her lay on the couch.

"What happened, Alexa?" I asked, trying to hide the panic in my voice. I knew that it wouldn't do her any good. "Two guys." She struggled to speak. She struggled to breathe.

"Harry... I..."

"Shh... It's okay, flower. You're okay. Everything is okay." I brushed some hair of her face and observed her. It was then that I realised that the blood on her face couldn't possibly be hers.

"What happened to those guys?" I continue scrutinizing her body, looking for any wound but only one part of her seemed injured. Her shoulder.

And it was fucked up.

"One got away."

There was something in the way she said that that caught my attention. I moved my stare until my eyes met hers. "And the other?"