50*

Kennedy Simmons

Receiving my reward was more satisfying than I expected it to be. Especially considering that I was the only woman racing. I was also the youngest driver.

Zayn and Benji had given up on beeing angry and they were cheering for me. I'm sure that in their previous lives they were cheerleaders or something. I had never seen anyone jumping around and chanting so excitedly and it honestly warmed my heart.

Harry was still cold though. He wasn't necessarily angry but he wasn't happy with my actions either. I could tell that he was secretly proud of me but he would never agree with my decision.

After I got my money Zayn insisted on us going to the after-party but since I hadn't driven like that in a year I felt too tired. To be honest, I wasn't exhausted, I just didn't think I would manage to survive a party.

I didn't want to ruin anyone's night so I offered to take Harry's car and drive home alone but Harry insisted on coming with me too so now here we are, driving back home in silence.

This drive was different than any other experience I had with Harry. Usually he would either stare at me shamelessly or if he was busy he would steal some sneaky glances but right now he did everything he could in order to avoid looking at me.

Maybe he was angrier than I thought he was.

His eyes were glued on the road and sometimes he even looked outside the window, in the exact opposite direction of me. He was holding the wheel so tightly that his knuckles had turned white and with his other hand he played with a small pack of cigarettes that surprisingly he hadn't touched before even though I knew he had the urge to smoke.

As the time passed the silence became too uncomfortable and the tension was suffocating. I couldn't take it anymore. I pressed a button and the window in my side was opened. I let out a sigh of relief the moment the cold air hit my face. I felt like I had been holding my breath all this time and I finally got some oxygen. The tension was still there too.

It felt like we had been in the car for centuries when we finally arrived at the house where we were staying. I wanted nothing more than to collapse in my bed but I knew that if I wanted to avoid experiencing such thing again I had to talk to Harry.

He got out of the car and slammed the door behind him. I quickly did the same and tried to keep up with him. Unfortunately the motherfucker was quick and had long legs. He climbed up the stairs until he reached the rooftop. He eventually stopped moving and stood just in front of the edge.

He placed a cigarette between his lips but didn't light it. His attention was in the sunset. It was truly beautiful and I took a moment to admire it too but then I reminded myself why I had followed him there.

I hesitantly walked towards him. "Harry?" He hummed acknowledging my presence. "Are you angry at me?" He finally tilted his head on the side, meeting my eyes for a long silent moment.

Usually I was good in reading people's expressions but when it came to Harry, I always failed. I couldn't even tell what he was feeling. Was he even feeling anything at all?

Yes, he did.

I didn't know what but for the first thing in my life I knew that he felt something. Probably many things but I couldn't point out one.

I felt my limbs going weak because of how intense his look was. I had to try really hard not to collapse in front of him and make a complete fool of myself.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad because of you." I furrowed my eyebrows not beeing able to understand exactly what he meant. "Is it because I actually raced and not just drove behind everyone like Zayn proposed?"