71

Kennedy Simmons

The last thing I expected to see when I walked inside the penthouse was Harry and Dustin sitting on the couch and chatting like two best friends while they were sharing a pizza and drinking apple juice.

I guess life if full of surprises.

Even Klaus was there. He had layed in Harry's feet and he was observing them with his big curious eyes.

"Hey, guys!" Klaus immediately run to me. I kneeled in order to pet him and gave Harry and Dustin an acknowledging smile. Harry took my hand and pulled it gently, leading me on his lap. When I had made myself comfortable I pecked his lips. My action made him instantly smile brightly.

"I didn't expect you here, Dustin." I grabbed a piece of pizza and took a big bite. "I was out with Kendra and my new friend, Mika. If you had called I would be here earlier." He shook his hand dismissively. "I only decided to come a couple of hours ago."

I took another bite. "What were you, guys, talking about?" I found it quite surprising that Harry had been talking with a fifteen-year old all this time without complaining.

"Dustin over here has a crush." Harry said while smirking teasingly at Dustin who had suddenly gone red. "Really?" I exclaimed. "I feel betrayed. Why didn't you wait for me to spill the gossip?"

Dustin looked so embarrassed and it was honestly the most adorable thing. He pretended to be a tough guy but he was getting so shy easily.

"I don't actually have a crush. I just think she's good-looking and fun." I raised my eyebrow teasingly. "Aha. Tell me more about her." He looked at the floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. "We were classmates but after school ended a few weeks ago she moved out."

I put my hand over my heart. "Your first heartbreak! Damn! I'm sure you'll find another girlfriend." He glared at me. "She was not my girlfriend."

"I don't think the boy can even flirt." Harry joked. I punched his arm softly and gave him a playful glare. "Says you? Do you remember what was the first thing you told me?" He thought about for a moment. "Shit." I chuckled at that. "In my defence, I was in a rush. I needed to be seen with someone in order to save my ass." He placed his hand on my thigh and a small devilish smirk formed on his lips. "Also my flirting techniques after that worked pretty well on you. Am I right?"

I tried to recall his so-called flirting techniques. All I could remember were his hands on my body, his intense looks, his suggestive smirks and his words that, if I wasn't so stubborn, would have me on my knees.

Yep. He was pretty good.

He could get any girl get on her knees for him just by the way he looked at them.

I wouldn't admit it to him though so I just rolled my eyes. "He's fifteen, Harry. He doesn't need to know how to flirt at this age." Harry shrugged and took a bite of my piece of pizza. I had the urge to kill him but since Dustin was here I settled with glaring at him.

"Also I don't want a girlfriend yet. Relationships at my age only last for a week or so." I shook my head at that. "Not necessarily. I stayed with the same man that I started dating when I was fifteen for years. We broke up when we were nineteen and we would probably still be together if shit hadn't happened with my life."

I only realised what I had said when Harry moved his eyes from me and tried to cover how upset my words had made him. I cursed myself in my head before I thought of ways I could make him feel better. Only one sounded good. Telling the truth.

"But my relationship with him wasn't exactly like that. We were more like friends with benefits but not exactly that either. It's complicated but it wasn't really an actual relationship and my feelings for him weren't... like that." Harry immediately relaxed. I finished my pizza before resting my head on his shoulder.