Kennedy Simmons

I had probably the best sleep of my life but the doorbell had to ruin it for me.

I groaned and opened my eyes slowly. It took me a moment to adjust to the light of the room and see clearly. When my sight was impeccable again the first thing I did was look at the time.

I had slept for six hours!

I wasn't even surprised. The late shifts, even later races and early morning rising had messed up my already unhealthy sleeping schedule. I was a living zombie ready to collapse because I was sleep deprived.

That's why I wasn't mad at myself for sleeping for so many hours. I was actually happy about it. I knew I needed that.

I considered for a moment falling back to sleep but then I noticed that Harry wasn't there and I could hear multiple voices from downstairs. Apparently someone had payed us a visit and it would be rude of me to continue my long nap and ignore their presence.

I unwillingly got out of bed, put on a clean bra and underwear and then covered my body with a simple green dress. I didn't even bother to cover the brand new hickeys Harry had given me this morning. It was a secret to literally no one that us two had sex. I would just waste makeup.

I didn't put on shoes or socks or anything either and I started descending the wooden stairs barefoot. The more I approached the living room the louder the voices got and now I could recognise them. Harry was talking with Charlie, Lincoln and Kendra.

"Calling is a thing you know." Harry said. He already sounded annoyed. "Bitch! We're family! We don't need to fucking call you." As you can tell that was Charlie. He always spoke as if he had a microphone in front of him and it was hilarious.

"Shut the fuck up!" Harry whispered-yelled. "If you wake Ken up I will not hesitate to shoot you." No matter how bad that sounded it managed to put a small smile on my face. I liked the fact that Harry cared about me so much. He made me feel so special and wanted. That's was something I had never felt before him.

Who would have thought that a vile criminal who kidnapped me and forced me to change a state just to save his ass would turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to me?

I walked in the room and gave everyone a soft smile that they all immediately returned except from Harry. "Did that Britney wannabe wake you up?" He pointed at Charlie whose smile had gotten even bigger. "No."

The doorbell woke me up. Not Charlie.

"See, little bitch?" Charlie yelled in an extremely dramatic way. "You can't blame me for everything!" Harry rolled his eyes. "You didn't do anything now but you will do something sooner or later." I chuckled at that.

Harry's interactions with Charlie were my favourite. These two were so different and it was hilarious. Charlie teased Harry so much that if they weren't so close I'm sure Harry would kill Charlie with his own bare hands and throw the body in the trash.

Harry extended his hand towards me and when I took it he pulled me until I landed on his lap. I smiled and kissed his cheek. My action made his face lit up as a bright grin appeared and that was the most adorable thing in the world.

"Where is Klaus?"

And his smile dissapeared.

He really didn't like the dog yet, did he?

"Last time I saw him he was in the kitchen." I nodded but did not proceeded to go get him as I initially planned. I was too comfortable in Harry's arms.

"Who's Klaus?" Lincoln asked. "Our new puppy!" I caught Kendra rolling her eyes. "You seriously named a dog after Mikaelson." I grinned proudly. "Hell yeah, I did!"