Chapter- (567) What is the meaning of SATVASAMSUDDHI?

(567) What is the meaning of SATVASAMSUDDHI?

यः स्वाध्यायमधीतेङद्वं विधिना नियतः शुचिः।

तस्यनित्यं क्षरत्येष पयो दधिधृतं मधु।।(मनुस्मृति-१०७)

A person who practice learning all holy scriptures regularly for a year and studies Vedas, he would be fulfilled with milk, Ghee and honey forever as Manu Smruti describes. It means that whoever is doing efforts for the knowledge of Param Brahm should not worry about his livelihood. He would get his basic necessities as a reward of his learning by Paramatma.

जन्मना जायते शुद्रः। संस्कारात् द्विज उच्यते ।

But a person has to do efforts for acquiring knowledge because by birth every human being is SHUDRA only after getting knowledge and following culture he is inherited, he would be able to get his second birth as a knowledgeable person and becomes a DWIGE. Though our society is classified in Varnas actually speaking, every person passes through four Varna because no person is born wise and knowledgeable since birth except rare cases described in our Shastras as Shukdevji, Vyas ji and Abhimanyu etc. Since his birth every person has to pass through four Varnas till death. When a child is in mother' womb among blood, urine and chewed food juice, he is treated as a Shudra. When he is given Sixteen Sanskar after birth step by step, he would be a Dwij. When enters in his family life after learning all the essential skill to earn and protect his dependents and family members, his life goes on struggling like a Kshatriya on the war-field or busy in earning and doing various kinds of jobs and business like a VAISHYA and after his retirement from work when he enters VANPRASTHASHRAM and SANYASASHRAM ,(if he lives long healthily) ,he would pass his time as a brahmin who tries to know and follow Brahm.

But generally, people do not know how to find out the way out of the maze of their so-called conceptions about life, duties and responsibilities towards self, family and Society. And hence, SWADHYAY of holy scriptures show him the path of truth and religion. Dhrutarastra in Mahabharat epic seeks advice from Vidurji and request him to guide as ,"I am full of sorrow and I cannot understand what to do and you are a wise person .You know about Dharma and finance so please guide me in such a way that could help me in earning welfare of self as well as of my family,

जाग्रतो दह्यमानस्य श्रेयो यद्नुपश्यसि ।

तद्ब्रुहि त्वं हि नस्तात् धर्मार्थकुशलो ह्यसि।।(विदुरनीति -११)

Because when a person is confused about his duty-Karma and its fruits he seeks surrender and shelter of God or Guru as Arjun asks Lord Shri Krishna on the battle field of Kurukshetra what to do किं कर्तव्यं मम्? Arjun is confused about his Sva-Dharma and says "If I kill all my cousin Kauravas, I will be a sinful person like them. If Kauravas did wrong to us and we took revenge on them by killing them, we would be the same sinful persons, then how could be happy after killing our own family members Guru and elders so please guide me what is the best option for my wellbeing as well as for the welfare of my dynasty.

पापमेवाश्रयेदस्मान् हत्वैतानाततायिनः।

तस्मान्नार्हा वयं हन्तुं धार्तराष्ट्रान् सबान्धवान्।

स्वजनं हि कथं हत्वा सुखिनः स्याम माधव।।(१-३६)

Our Shastra divides Karma into two kinds. PRAVRUT KARMA and NIVRUT KARMA. When a person does activities desiring heaven after death and prosperities during his lifespan, it is considered as a KAMYA KARMA but when a Sadhak does any activity and desires nothing as a reward or return as a fruit of his good deeds, it is known as a NISHKAM KARMA OR NIVRUT KARMA.