Chapter-(485) Why Sanjay is not afraid of Virat Swaroop?

(485) Why Sanjay is not afraid of Virat Swaroop?

Arjun was a brave warrior. He was blessed with Divya Drishti too by Shri Krishna but when he saw his Vikral Swaroop he feels fear. When a Sadhak is attached to Sansar, he has fear of the loss of beloveds and thinks that he is worried about his possession and property. He wants to protect his family and friends. Arjun is attached to his family- Bhishma –the great grandfather, mother Gandhari Vidurji Guru, and all his hundred brothers though he has lots of complaints against them, he did not want to gain anything no kingdom,no property, no land, and no victory as he said previously to Shri Krishna

न काङ्क्षे विजयं कृष्ण न च राज्यं सुखानि च।

किं नो राज्येन गोविन्द किं भोगैर्जीवितेन वा।।

That he did not want anything after killing his own relatives if he now killed them, what is the use of victory. How could he enjoy kingship and luxuries of life without his own brothers and PITAMAH, elders and Gurus? He thinks that it is useless to live without family members and friends.

We want to share our joy and victory with our family and friends. Our victory is celebrated with our beloveds what is the use of victory if there are no one rulers and alive to see his victory. As king Ashoka felt after the victory of KALING that he did wrong act by killing lakhs of people only for a piece of land and repented a lot, Arjun here under the illusion of Maya feels that all his unjust and untrustworthy relatives who create danger not only to his life but for his family members also should be pardoned.

As it is said in Uddhav Gita,

देवर्षिपितृभूतानि ज्ञातीन्बन्धूंश्र्च भागिनः।

असंविभज्य चात्मानं यश्रवित्तः पतत्यधः।। (18-24)

What is the use or pleasure of gain, if no beloveds would be alive to share it? Arjun thinks that he did not want to accumulate wealth and lands like a miser YAKSHA who hoards money without sharing it with gods, Rishis, the manes, animals, friends, and other legitimate relatives as it would bring him degradation and black name to Family prestige.

We want success to make a show for our parents, Guru, and beloveds but if they are not alive to see, our success is in vain. Hence, when Arjun saw Vikral Swaroop of Paramatma as Maha Kal and the end of the war in disaster, he is afraid but Sanjay was steady inwardly. He tries to persuade Dhritarashtra to stop the war by forcing his son Duryodhan frequently. It is well known that Pitamah Bhishma, Vidurji, Sanjay, and Kunti were well aware of Shri Krishna Paramatma's human Avtar. Sanjay knew Shri Krishna as Paramatma but Arjun calls him as brother and friend. Arjun is enveloped with the illusion of Maya.

Though we see that Paramatma showers his blessings on Rakshasas and on the wrongdoers too but they cannot see the Divine Swaroop of Paramatma in human Avtar. Neither Rawan nor Kaikeyi could see Paramatma in Ram Avtar but Vali, Sugriv, Hanumanji, Jatayu could see Ram as Paramatma though they were not having human bodies and minds as they dwell in the body of monkey, bear, and bird.

It seems strange but it is true that just as a sick child gets more attention from parents, wrongdoers are getting more attention from Paramatma. Paramatma tries to convince them, he tries to teach them lessons every now and then through various kinds of punishment and miracles but they could not see Paramatma in either way. Further Paramatma showers blessings on innocent people like children - Saints and Gopis. He protects cows and animals from the fury of Indra by carrying Govardhan. He punished Kaliya Nag for making the Yamuna poisonous. He punishes many Rakshasas sent by his maternal uncle Kansa to kill him but he blessed them liberation from the cruel and unjust ruler Kans. Hence, it is very difficult to understand the ways of God's anyway.

Though Sanjay has not demanded Darshanam of VIRAT Swaroop he is blessed to see His Virat Swaroop with peace of mind. Arjun was under the illusion of attachment to Sansar but Sanjay sees everything as a witness and described it to Dhritarashtra as he has been ordered by Shri Krishna after blessing him Divya Drishti to see the war of Kurukshetra, sitting in the palace of Hastinapur -Door Darshanam.

Arjun is afraid as he cannot understand the location of any direction and he becomes restless as he is lost in the ocean of war. Arjun sees that all the great warriors as Drona, Karna are entering the mouth of Maha Kal with all the hundred sons of Dhritarashtra. He saw them under the teeth of Maha Kal Purush and sees that their skull is broken into pieces. Arjun sees all the great warriors as Dhrusht Dhumna, Dhrupad even though they are on the side of religion and truth all the warriors are entering the mouth of Maha Kal as if all the rivers water enter the sea and absorbed by the ocean.

यथा नदीनां बहवोङम्बुवेगाः समुद्रमेवाभिमुखा द्रवन्ति।

तथा तवामी नरलोकवीरा विशन्ति वक्त्राण्यभिविज्वलन्ति।।

Arjun sees that all the warriors are entering the mouth of VIKRAL Swaroop as if a butterfly enters into the fire not knowing fire as an enemy gets attracted to the light of fire enters into it and turned into ashes within seconds. When a butterfly getting exhausted living in the darkness for four months because of rain under the grass, seeing the light of fire rush to it and died. As if fish becomes greedy to eat a piece of meat rush to hook and get killed, all the ignorant warriors could not give up the company of unjust ruler Duryodhan entering in the mouth of Maha Kal Swaroop of Paramatma but all the warriors do not meet with the same pain.

अजानन् दाहात्मयं पतति शलभो दीपदहने

स मीनोङप्यज्ञानाद्वडिशयुतमश्र्नाति पिशितम् ।

विजानन्तोङप्येते वयमिह विपज्जलजटिलान्

न मुञ्चामः कामानहह गहनो मोहमहिमा ।। ( भर्तृहरि वैराग्यशतक)

Some are absorbed immediately. Some are half burnt with fire and half are crushed under the teeth. Some warriors lost their limbs and now screaming and shouting out of pain while entering the mouth of Maha Kal Swaroop of Paramatma. Some butterflies lost their wings and they have to wait for death as we see some persons longing to die out of great pain of various kinds of diseases. When Arjun saw that tongue of Maha Vikral Swaroop is licking all the warriors fiercely he is afraid as if the world is going to end with the war of Mahabharat. He has still an attachment to his brother Duryodhan, even after sending his family into exile. He could pardon Dushasan for the humiliation of Draupadi in the state assembly and giving poison to Bhim his elder brother frequently making efforts to kill them all as in Laxagruha but he did not want to kill them to acquire kingship. He was furious. He wants to punish Duryodhan and Dushasan but he did not want to kill all the elders, friends, Guru, and other soldiers of Hastinapur in the name of justice. Now, he is afraid of seeing the destruction after the war.

Arjun sees Shri Krishna as his friend, philosopher, and guide but he is not aware of his divine Swaroop. Now looking at his Virat Swaroop he is pleased to see Devtas and heaven but he could not accept VIKRAL Swaroop of Paramatma out of the confusion he asks him who are you?

Let us listen to it from the mouth of Shri Krishna and surrender to him only...