CHAPTER-(520) What is the ignorance of a Sadhak that ...?

520)

What is the ignorance of a Sadhak that becomes a great obstacle on the Path of spirituality?

To ensure devotees that the ocean of Sansar is not so deep as the ocean becomes a puddle made by cow's footstep for devotee Hanumanji and Hanumanji could cross over the ocean easily to reach Lanka it is like the water in the pond up to my waist only Paramatma stood in the Mudras putting HIS both hands on waist.

प्रमाणं भवाद्धेरिदं मामकानां नितंबः कराभ्यां धृतो येन तस्मात्।

विधातुर्वसत्यै धृतो नाभिकोशः परब्रह्मलिंगं भजे पांडुरंगम् ।।

Aadi Shankaracharyaji says in his Pandurangastak that if you follow his path you would not be afraid of Sansar. So don't fear the ocean of Sansar does not have much depth it is just up to my waist. To show this to HIS devotee the measurement, Lord Vishnu has accepted NABHIKOSH for Prajapati as he is the Swaroop of Param Brahm. Paramatma sleeps on the SHESHNAG serpent to let thousands of mouths of SHESHNAG shower poison but when you surrender to Paramatma you can sleep on the bed of the serpent.शान्ताकारं भुजगशयनं ।

When a Sadhak does not know all the above twenty instruments described in previous chapters he is ignorant. He should know the difference between KSHETRA and KSHETRAGNA and he should know that Kshetragya –Paramatma lives in all the livings and non-livings. All bodies are known as kshetra as they are made from five elements and created by RAJ and VIRYA of Parents known as STHULA SHARIR. The body is made of five GYANENDRIYA, five KARMENDRIYA, five PRAN, mind, and BUDDHI Total of seventeen elements is known as Sukshma Sharir. When we are awake the SHULA SHARIR is active and our SHUKSHMA SHARIR and KARAN SHARIR too accompanied. When we are sleeping we have no sense of our body with five KOSH, ANNAMAY KOSH PRANMAYKOSH, MANOMAYKOSH GYANMAYKOSH, and VIGNANMAYKOSH and hence sleep is considered as a half death. During our sleep, we are occupied by AGNAN-AVIDHYA i.e. ignorance and illiteracy. This state of the body is related to KARAN SHARIR. During our awakened state of body, we feel joy and sorrow, pain and gain but during sleep, we do not feel it. Hence KARAN SHARIR is known as AANANDMAY KOSH.

KSHETRA with trio Sharir is made of twenty-four elements MUL PRAKRUTI, BUDDHI, AHMAKAR, PANCH MAHABHUT, TEN SENSES, MIND. FIVE SUBJECTS collectively. Everything is created by nature- PRAKRUTI. Our intellect-Buddhi is inspired by Prakruti-Nature. Buddhi tries to understand this nature, the knowledge created AHAMKAR-Pride and Ego and when we misuse nature with our so-called Buddhi-intellect, it creates VIKRUT with five elements Earth, wind, water, sky and lither with ten senses, Our mouth, feet, hands, anus and genitals -our KARMENDRIYA and our sparshanedriya, Rasendriya, Granendriya and Shrotendriya our Gyanendriya–The words we speak, the soft touch of beautiful woman, the interest in food, the soul-soothing odor we smell are subjects of Gyanendriya. When used any sense in wrong way creates VIKRUTI again. All these twenty-four elements create the body with desires, envy, joy sorrow for the body and mind known as Kshetra.

To overcome these VIKRUTI-negative impacts Lord Shri Krishna suggests twenty instruments. They are described as humbleness, no showmanship, non-violence, forgiveness, simplicity, services to Guru, Purity of inner and outer sides, steady mind, and control over mind and senses, detachments to all the worldly subjects that entertain our senses, VAIRAGYA-A DETACHED PERSON one should have no pride or ego he has to see his own faults, facing the cycle of birth and death, old age and diseases and all kinds of tensions physical, mental and by other powerful forces AADHIDAIHIK, ADHIDEVIK, ADHIBHAUTIK- AADHI, VYADHI and UPADHI.To remain detached from Sansar relations of the son, daughter, wife, and home and not to remain attached to comforts and luxuries of life, to remain aloof from all kinds of favorable and unfavorable situations steadily and stick to one Swaroop of Paramatma with pure devotion, to be in solitude and never desire to earn name and fame or to be a famous person in the society.

One of the instruments of GYANMARG is devotion also. So when a Sadhak follows BHAKTIMARG, it is essential that Sadhak should be a pure devotee. Lord Shri Krishna explains that Sadhak who follows Gyan Marg is of two kinds. There are Sadhak who follow their heart while they read Shastras, do Satsang, do Swadhyay, and try to understand Swaroop of Paramatma but there are also Sadhak of GYANMARG who follow their conscience while reading Shastras or listening to lectures and sayings of holy books and try to understand the Swaroop of Paramatma the method of functioning of the entire universe-BRAHMAND with the knowledge. A Sadhak of Gyan Marg who is curious and a devotee too, would surrender to Paramatma and try to understand the divine elements and truth. .He has complete faith in Paramatma and he gets true knowledge through God himself. As devotees, Dhruv and Prahalad were blessed with complete knowledge, devotees like Mirabai and Narsinh Mehta created soul-soothing hymns in the praise of God. Patanjali Yoga Darshan when describing ASHTANG YOGA describes devotion –Bhakti as one of the instruments of yoga.

शौचसन्तोषतपः स्वाध्यायेश्र्वरप्रणिधानानि नियमाः।

The other kind of followers of Gyan Marg follow their consciousness think about truth and untruth, and try to understand spiritual elements on the basis of their knowledge of Shastras. They follow complete detachment to Sansar. This kind of Sadhak loves to remain in solitude and wants to do Bhajans, Nam Jap Smaran, and Kirtan Swadhyay in their solitude. They want to understand the secret of Paramatma and praise God to bless him with true knowledge of His Swaroop.

Then Paramatma blesses him with true knowledge that a Sadhak should possess which is not a complete truth or untruth. The knowledge that is described in Vedas, Upanishads, and Vedic literature should be known by every human being. But generally, a person tries to acquire knowledge that is perishable. He wastes his time in knowing things that could provide him his fulfillment only on this earth. He learns, acquires degrees of mastery, and develops skills so that he can earn his bread and butter for himself as well as for his dependents. But that knowledge, skills, and degrees from various universities are useless for his liberation. A Sadhak should know Paramatma only, by knowing him he would know everything otherwise degrees from all the worldly universities couldn't give him true knowledge. Just as we say the day when we see the Sun's presence in front of our eyes and say night in the absence of the sun within the range of our sight, but the Sun is there 24*7 in the sky. Ignorance is the night and knowledge is the day. The earth rotates and we feel light or darkness in the same way our cycle of Karma keeps us roaming and rotating in the cycle of birth and death. And we feel joy and sorrow with every gain and loss. Happiness and sadness are temporary when we try to find them in worldly perishable things and persons because every creation has its birth, life, and deadline of the expiry date.

What is permanent is Paramatma. In the form of Purush and Prakruti that creates all the livings and non livings in every Yug. What we see with our physical eyes is not true. It is an illusion. We see what Paramatma wants us to see him; we enjoy and suffer according to our own past deeds karma. Paramatma has given us the mind to decide what is good and what is bad . We have to make a decision about what should we do and what should be avoided.

Just as the sun stays for twenty-four hours we can see him only for twelve hours and feel darkness or absence of light is due to our ignorance. Paramatma is there with us and within us as well as outside in every particle of the universe everywhere and in everything as described in Bhagavad Gita in the three ways as he is truth and he is also untruth, Secondly, he is beyond truth and untruth and thirdly he is not truth or untruth.

Then what is the real Swaroop of Paramatma? We worship him in multiple swaroop he is SAKAR as well as NIRAKAR too...Let us try to find our from the jagat Guru Lord Shri Krishna as no one except him can bless us with true knowledge of his swaroop...Om Tat Sat.