Chapter-(551) Why is it becomes difficult to remain detached from desires?

(551)

Why is it becomes difficult for a Sadhak to remain detached from desires?

રજસ-ગુણ પ્રાધાન્ય મોહ –અંતર-જીવને,

કદી તેમાં ન છે સત્વ, તે હકીકત સત્ય છે

કદીક મોહમાં કૈંક નર્યો પ્રમાદ હોય છે

તેથી તમસનો ગુણ મોહમાં તો ભરેલ છે

Though the Swaroop of Desires may be full of Satva, Rajas, or Tamas, it becomes the seed cause of rebirth, then how do we control our desires? Shri Mota describes Sansar as an illusion of attachment to Moha. The web of illusion is spread everywhere . Parents are attached to kids, Teachers to students, and even Spiritual gurus to their pupils, friends to friends, husband and wife are attached and the illusion of MOHA envelops a person's mind and intellect. A person inspired by his trio virtues Satva, Rajas, and Tamas is being dragged into the bog of Sansar. When a person is not awakening about his bondage of Moha, how can he try to come out of this bog of Sansar? He enjoys this bog of Sansar as insects and creatures live happily in the dirt and mud. The reason is the misconception in their mind that Sansar is real. His ignorance about self does not allow him to wake up from the sleep of illusion Moha-Nindra.

A person loves Sansar as real . He enjoys everything with his perishable body for a moment and then repents for his thoughtless act and attachment to perishable things when he lost them. It is surprisingly true that everybody knows that since the birth of a body, he is running towards his death, even then he cries after the death of his beloved, friends, and relatives. Lord Shri Ram consoles Tara, the wife of Vali when she was crying after the death of her husband that, "You are not an ignorant woman You know very well that

न जायते म्रियते वा कदाचिन्न्यायं भूत्वा भविता वा न भूयः।

अजो नित्यःशाश्वतोङयं पुराणो नहन्यते हन्यमाने शरीरे।।

The soul does not die and the body does. I am not immortal, so why are you crying after a perishable body of your husband.

छिति जल पावक गगन समीरा। पंचरचित अति अधम सरीरा।

प्रगट सो तनु आगे सोवा। जीव नित्य केहि लागि तुम सेवा।।

Hence Lord says that only a Satvik who has abandoned Moha NIRMANMOHA –निर्मानमोहाः , can be eligible for Param Pad in my abode. Who has control over his senses – JITSANGDOSHA-जितसङ्गदोषाः, who desires only the blessings and mercy of Paramatma ADHYATMNITYA –अध्यात्मनित्याः and who has no desires VINIVRUTKAMA –विनिवृतकामाः ,who is steady mind STHITPRAGYA-स्थितप्रज्ञ in all the situations of joy and sorrow and free from all kinds of illusive desires can be free from the web of Sansar.

CHHANDOGYA UPANISHAD –छान्दोग्य उपनिषद says that you are a part of Paramatma-TATVAMASI-तत्वमसि- When a Sadhak reaches the higher level of Param Pad ,he sees everything as the part and parcel of Paramatma as it is described in Bruhad Upanishad as यत्र त्वस्य सर्वमात्मैवाभूत्तत्केन कं पश्येत् then how to know our soul as a part of Paramatma to this confusion AITARIYA UPISHAD-ऐतरेयोपनिषद explains the theory of three birth of every Jivatma as a part of Purush-Paramatma.