Chapter(493) Why does Arjun want to see Chaturbhuj Swaroop of ...?

(493)

Why does Arjun want to see Chaturbhuj Swaroop of Paramatma?

Arjun says, O Paramatma! I m stunned seeing this Virat Swaroop and I am pleased as I have never seen you in this incarnation. When I am thinking that I am lucky to see this Swaroop. I am pleased but I am afraid too BHAYEN CHA PRAVYATHITAMA MANO ME भयेन च प्रव्यथितं मनो मे as I have never imagined your Vikral Swaroop. Hence please bless me with your darshanof Vishnu Swaroop -Chaturbhuj Narayan from whose Navel lotus Brahma emerged.

प्रातर्भजामि भजतामभयंङ्करं तं प्राक्सर्वजन्मकृतपापभयापहत्यै।

यो ग्राहवक्त्रपत्ताङगधिगजेन्द्रधोरशोकप्रणाशनकरौ धृतशङ्खचक्रः।।

O Vishnu! You have overcome the sorrow of Gajendra even the elephant by the blessing of Darshan of Chaturbhuj Narayan who has four hands carrying Shankh, Chakra, Gada, and Padma. If you bless me with that Swaroop whom I worship every morning, I would be blessed and become fearless because your Darshan of Chaturbhuj Narayan blessed me peace and fearlessness from the cycle of birth and death BHAVBHITIRHARARTI भवभीति महार्ति शान्तयै।Your Darshan of Chaturbhuj Narayan helps us to overcome the fear of war- death and blessed the eternal peace of mind. Though Vishwa Swaroop is incredible, endless, and eternal as it carries an endless universe and I cannot see creation and destruction at the same time. I am afraid of this Virat Vikral Swaroop.

Though you have blessed the Divya Chakshu to see your Virat Swaroop my GYAN CHAKSHU ज्ञान चक्षु wants to accept your Paramatma Swaroop in SHANT MUDRA शान्त मुद्रा. Though through this BHAV CHAKSHU भाव चक्षु, I could see your Divine Swaroop everywhere and in everything my CHARM CHAKSHU चर्म चक्षु cannot accept your VISHWA SWAROOP विश्र्व रुप. I want to see you again as I have seen you as my friend and brother. Bless me with Chaturbhuj Swaroop Darshan चतुर्भुज स्वरुप. Now, you have shown me all your Sagun—Sakar, Nirgun –Nirakar, and Sagun –Nirakar Swaroop but I want to see as I have seen you in human Swaroop.I want to see you with a crown on your head and Gada, Shankh, Chakra, and Padma in your hands.

Though in Virat Swaroop Paramatma has shown Chaturbhuj Swaroop also but seeing KAL SWAROOP काल स्वरुप of Paramatma. Arjun is frightened, he requested HIM to be cool and calm and show him Narayan Swaroop . Aadi Shankaracharyaji says that KRUSHNASH कृष्णांश has taken Avtar

यदा धर्मग्लानिर्भवति जगतां क्षोभकरणी तदा लोकस्वामी प्रकटितवपुः सेतुधृदजः।

Whenever there is a nuisance in this universe and religion becomes helpless to control the evil. Paramatma, who is beyond birth and body, takes Avtar and re-established the religion. When Shankaracharyaji created this stotram and worshipped Shri Krishna for the liberation of his mother, Shri Krishna blessed him with Darshan as it is described below;

इति हरिरखिलात्माराधितः शङ्करेण श्रुतिविशदगुणौङसौ मातृमोक्षार्थमाद्यः।

यतिवरनिकटे श्रीयुक्त आविर्बभूव स्वगुणवृत उदारः शङ्खचक्राब्जाहस्तः ।।

When Shankaracharyaji worshipped Paramatma as it is described in our Vedas and begged for the liberation of his mother, generous and merciful Shri Krishna blesses him Darshan with all his PARSHADS पार्षद and Laxmiji in Chaturbhuj Swaroop carrying Shankh, chakra, Gada and Padma and came in front of him to bless him.

Paramatma tells Arjun that I have shown you this Virat Swaroop for the first time. Nobody has seen this Swaroop before as I have never shown this Swaroop and it is not shown to make you frightened but when you inquired about my VIBHUTI विभूति and various kinds of yoga, I told you that why do you want to know about everything as I am carrying everything within my ANSH only; but then you were eager to see that Vishwa Swaroop and hence I show you this Virat Swaroop.

Though Paramatma has shown Kaushalyaji Vishwa Swaroop in Ramavtar, in Krishnavatar to Yashoda Ji, in the assembly of Hastinapur to Bhishma, Drona, Sanjay, Vidur, and Rishi Munis who were blessed to see this Virat Swaroop Paramatma has never shown his Vikral Swaroop till now as he has shown to Arjun. Hence, he says that I did not show this Swaroop to anybody before and it is not shown to frighten you but to accept the fact of the future and to be detached from your karma.

When a Sadhak feels comfortable with all the situation, he thinks that he is blessed but when he is tested and put into the trials or when he has to face some problems, adverse situations or loss of a person whom he loves or face sickness, death, and diseases, he thinks that Paramatma is not merciful to him . Mother Kunti asks for sorrow and pain as blessings so that Shri Krishna would remain with her because a parent cannot leave a sick child. Paramatma would not go far from the distressed person. Though Arjun is blessed by Shri Krishna to see Virat Swaroop Paramatma says that

न वेदयज्ञाध्ययनैर्न दानैर्न ल क्रियाभिर्न तपाभिरुग्रैः ।

एवंरुपः शक्य अहं नृलोके द्रष्टुं त्वदन्येन कुरुप्रवीर ।।

No one can see this Virat Swaroop through studies of Veda or by performing various Yagna, or doing Tapscharya or learning Shastras or by doing charity as king Bali or Karna or king Shibi. They could see Narayan Swaroop but nobody could see Virat Swaroop . Arjun is a warrior and only he could be blessed to see Virat and Vikral Swaroop but he should not be full of sorrow. MA TE VYATHA मा ते व्यथा or he should not feel VIMUDHABHAV विमूठभाव or be dumb-found and hence Paramatma now shows his Chaturbhuj Swaroop to assure him that he is not furious or angry upon him. Arjun is afraid as he has still an attachment to his body and family, kingdom and relatives, brothers and subjects.

We must remember that Sanjay was too blessed Divya Drishti with Arjun as he has to describe all the Live- telecast news to Dhritarashtra before the war

एष ते सञ्जयो राजन् युद्धमेतद् वदिष्यति ।

एतस्य सर्वसंग्रामे न परोक्षं भविष्यति।।

चक्षुषा सञ्जयो राजन् दिव्यनैव समन्वितः।

कथयिष्यति ते युद्धं सर्वज्ञश्र्च भविष्यति ।। (महाभारत.भीष्म. 2-9-10)

Shri Krishna tells Dhritarashtra that O king! Sanjay is going to describe everything to you in detail whatever is going to happen on the war field of Kurukshetra. There would be no secret that remains hidden from Sanjay's eyesight. He would be able to see everything and he would tell you everything about war.

But when Sanjay was disturbed after the death of Duryodhan, he lost his Divya Drishti given by Maharishi Ved Vyasji. Arjun could see Chaturbhuj Swaroop of Paramatma but after that, he engaged himself in blood-shaded war, he has lost Divya Drishti after seeing that Chaturbhuj Swaroop . When he again saw Shri Krishna as a human Avtar in Dwibhuj Swaroop द्विभुज स्वरुप, he forgets about whatever he has seen in Virat Swaroop of Paramatma. It means that in both cases they lost their Divya Drishti when they were full of grief.

When a person is fearful and distressed due to any kind of pain and sorrow, he lost his consciousness. Paramatma says, I am in the form of the universe; whatever you see good or bad, beauty or dirt all are my manifestations आद्योङवतारः पुरुषः परस्य(श्रीमद्भा. 2-6-41) In the same way both are my manifestations. You should not get disturbed whether I am in peaceful Mudras or in a furious mood. Why are you getting fearful seeing at my furious Swaroop?

Let us understand from Jagat Guru Shri Krishna...be with me in quest of truth...

(494)Why are we getting afraid of the furious Swaroop of Paramatma?