CHAPTER- (522) When can our mind not recognize multiple forms of...?

(522)

When can our mind not recognize multiple forms of Paramatma in one form?

When one mind is associated with the Satva element he feels ADWAITYA but when it is associated with Rajas and Tamas it thinks world as real and Paramatma as unreal.

यदर्पितं तद्विकल्पे इन्द्रियैः परिधावति।

रजस्वलं चासन्निष्ठं चित्तं विद्धि विपर्यम्।।

Lord Shri Krishna explains that when the mind of a Sadhak is enriched with Satva Gun he becomes pure and he can have the capacity to illuminate a subject i.e. our physical body, he surrenders to Paramatma and he can attain religion. He could digest knowledge, and dispassion and is blessed with extraordinary power -Siddhi but when his mind is placed on sense objects and pursues them by means of the organs, it becomes Rajasik so he remains busy and engrossed in the worldly activities to satisfy his physical needs. He remains attached to perishable things which are unreal. He becomes full of irreligion, loses the sense of good and bad, full of ignorance does not know what one should do and what he should avoid doing. He remains attached to personal property, people, name, fame, and luxuries and gives importance to all perishable things in his life. He spent his time earning and collecting things that would be of no use to him after death.

For a Sadhak the religion is called the best which makes him a great devotee of Paramatma. That knowledge is the best which leads him to the realization of the unity of self, that dispassion is known as the best which lies in non-attachment to sense objects, and that extraordinary powers or Siddhi comprise extreme minuteness and so on Lord describes four Vikars that a Sadhak should be aware. First of all, a Sadhak's mind should be full of Satvik virtues. Secondly, He should totally surrender to Paramatma. Thirdly, He should try to know God within him as well as in every particle outside, and fourthly he should not be attached to all kinds of Sensory entertainment at Sansar.

A Sadhak should know that Paramatma is one but he dwells in every Jiv in multiple forms. Paramatma is BIJANAM BIJOHAMबीजानाम् बीजोङहम्।. He is a true father of the universe and he is the only creator, savior, and destroyer of the universe. In this trio-world we see Jiv living on the earth in water and air . We see every bird, animal, serpent, and people as different but they all are Swaroop of God. When a Sadhak learns to see Paramatma in everything, he accepts Paramatma in all Swaroop beautiful or ugly, when he sees Paramatma in disabled and deaf and dumb, handicapped, poor and deserted weak persons as one and the same, he understands AVIBHAKTSM VIBHAKTESHU अविभक्तं विभक्तेषु that Paramatma is one but he dwells in the form of soul in every living. We see them as different just as the water of rain kept in different vessels looks different according to the shape of a vessel. A Sadhak would understand that SAMAM SARVESHU BHUTESHU TISHTHANTAM PARMESHWARM समं सर्वेषु भूतेषु तिष्ठन्तं परमेश्र्वरम्। but we see day and night as presence and absence of Sun but Sun is there 24*7 on his way. यस्य भासा सर्वंमिदं विभाति सचराचरम् Paramatma is there. He is the ultimate source of light, he is the instrument in multiple forms as bearer of light and he is the light himself. Tulsidasji in Ram Charit Manas says

बिषय करन सुर जीव समेता। सकल एक तां एक सचेता।।

सब कर परम प्रकासक जोई।राम अनादि वधपति सोई।। (१-११७-३)

So Paramatma is both the cause of Sansar and the effect shown in Sansar. He is in the beginning in the middle and in the end.

Paramatma is the source of light in both ways. In its physical form, we see the Sun, moon, stars, fire, and lightning. Paramatma is seen in the form of sound in two ways. We hear words through our ears so we pray BHADRAM SHRUNAIभद्रं श्रुणुयामि । O God! Let me hear all the things for welfare. We learn through listening and reading. Paramatma is also in the form of alphabets. Om is the origin of all alphabets and all the languages. We see words with our eyes and listens to sounds of word with our ears. We feel the power of light, of touch, touching of words through our skin, as it makes us happy or sad. We understand the yellow-green colors of the description of words through our eyes. That is light of Swaroop. We taste sweet, sour, and bitter with our tongue light of interest रसः juice. We feel good or bad smells through our nose, so it is a light of smell All these five senses are connected with the mind. Our mind is connected with awn Buddhi. When the mind and Buddhi coordinate we understand the concept of the subject and the knowledge is acquired steadily, Buddhi is considered as a light of mind.

Our Buddhist- intellect inspires our senses to do good or bad deeds. Our Buddhi decide what is permanent and what is temporary but when a person becomes a Sadhak his knowledge of good deeds are bad deeds is applied in practice. A Sadhak when does some good deeds, he does not think of himself as a doer. He gives credit to Paramatma. When he suffers from failures, loss, diseases, or any kind of troubles in his life he thinks about abolishing his past births sins.

Ramcharit Manas says the knowledge –the ultimate source of light is Paramatma. This knowledge inspires intellect, intellect guides our minds, mind orders senses and senses love worldly subjects, hence it is like a student sitting in a row one after another. The last one sees the students sitting before him but the first one cannot see the lined-up students behind him, so all vices as pride, ego, mind, senses can see what is in front of him but not what follows him. It means that when a mind is attracted by the beauty of a woman, he knows it but he cannot see the result of his blind passion. But a Sadhak knows that all the beauties of nature are perishable and he tries to remain detached from them. He tries to be with Paramatma 365*24*7 because Paramatma is like the Sun full of life and when the Sun is there no darkness can enter his mind. Paramatma is the source of knowledge. When a Sadhak could see him everywhere, he need not worry about any kind of worldly knowledge. He becomes SARVVIT सर्ववित् .When Paramatma blesses; he becomes Kalidas and Tulsidasji without learning or studying any Shastras or any language.

A person tries to learn so many subjects during his life span but he cannot become a truly knowledgeable person, something would be left even though he learned for his whole life. A person may learn sixty-four VIDHYAS विद्या and seventy-two KALAS कला in a Gurukul but he would remain in doubt always because every subject has two sides truth and untruth. When a person feels a difference ( As Long Fellow says Labour with what zeal we will something still remains undone) between his soul and Paramatma, he cannot achieve true knowledge because after knowing all the Subjects, he remains uneducated as every subject contains truth and untruth both equally. But when he understood that I had had my single body since childhood I saw it growing into youth and old age. These are stages of my body but I remain the same person. In the same way, various situations come and go in life but the person who suffers or enjoys is the one. I may have to visit different places at different times. I may enjoy various things and I may meet different types of persons throughout my life. Friends of childhood disappear from the screen when a person becomes young and companions of riches and happiest moments of life when he has to face poverty, loss, or diseases but with changes of stages of body, time, country, situations or persons the person –I remain the same. When a person experiences that in the same way, there may be outer changes but Paramatma remains the one and only –in multiple forms within every Jivatma. He would feel unity ADWAITYA BHAV अद्वैत भाव

Then when did a Sadhak feel unity with Paramatma or how could a Sadhak reach the state of oneness with Paramatma?

Let us surrender to Jagat Guru Lord Shri Krishna to enlighten our path ahead....Shri Krishnajpanmastu