Chapter-(558) How does five Mahabhut have impact on our minds?

558)

How does five Mahabhut with trio virtues have impact on our minds?

अनंतशक्तिसंपन्नो मायोपाधिक ईश्र्वरः।

ईक्षामात्रेण सृजति विश्र्वमेतच्चराचरम्।।

Paramatma's desire to multiply his Swaroop in million and trillion of livings and non-living Padarth is the root cause of creation of this universe. Prakruti represent trio virtues; Satva, Rajas and Tamas. In the beginning, Paramatma created Sky along with Tamas Swaroop of Prakruti in the first stage. Secondly, Vayu is created and then fire, water and earth are created.

वायोरग्निस्तथैवाग्नेरापोङद्भयः पृथिवी क्रमात्।

शक्तोस्तमःप्रधानत्वं तत्कार्ये जाड्यदर्शनात् ।।

Paramatma mingled with Prakriti's stubborn non-living nature at that time of creation when Tamas virtue overpowers it. Our five Gyanendriya, five karmendriya and Pran with five kinds of Vayu Pran, Aadan, Vyan, Udaan and Saman along with intellect and mind altogether seventeen elements create Ling Sharir. This Ling Sharir made by seventeen elements is considered as STHULA Sharir. And five elements in the company of three virtues created SHABD, SPARSH, ROOP, RAS, AND GANDH through SHROTRA, TVACHA, CHAKSHU, JIVHA, and GHRAN emerge from the Satva virtues of sky so they are known as Gyanendriya.

Our Pranmay, Manomay and Annamay kosh create our Saksham Sharir. Our heart is also made of these Satva virtues' ANSH of the Sky. Our heart has four kinds of different intentional functions as destined by Shastras .They are mind, intellect, pride and Chitt. Our mind takes decisions. Our intellect tries to understand the meaning of everything. Ego is pampered with pride and our Chitt ponders over various Padarth so it is described as Chitt. Our intellect makes VIGYANMAY KOSH, Mind is responsible for the creation of MANOMAY KOSH.As mind is the reason of bondage and liberation so a wise always tries to have control over mind.

गर्भावासजनिप्रणाशनजराव्याध्यादिषु प्राणिनां

यद्दुःखं परिद्दश्यते च नरके तच्चिंतयित्वा मुहुः।

दोषानेव विलोक्य सर्वविषयेष्वाशां विमुच्याभित-

-श्र्चित्तग्रंथिविमोचनाय सुमतिः सत्वं समालम्बताम्।।

A wise knows that PUNARAPI JANANAM पुनरपि जननं पुनरपि मरणं पुनरपि जननी जठरे शयनम्। -the process of birth and death repeatedly ; is a painful journey starts from the womb of a mother and then passes through stages of birth, death, old age, diseases and death in the end. The concept of heaven and hell is a vicious circle in which person wanders birth after birth. So, he should think about it and after seeing fault in each and every perishable object of Sansar, he should abandon hopes and desires of entertaining senses and loosen the knot of perishable subjects and try to surrender to the Satva virtues over Rajas and Tamas virtues.

Indian mythology and elemental theory Panch Mahabhut stand for five physical elements as Earth, water, fire, air and ether. These elements have great significance on the nature and on the human life too. According to theories of Panch Mahabhut, Annamay Kosh which is created by five elements are; five components of food- carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and mineral

पंचानामेव भूतानां रजोंशेभ्योङभवन्क्रमात्।

वाक्पाणिपादपायूपस्थानि कर्मेन्द्रियाण्यनु।।

The interpersonal relationship of five elements with Rajas virtues activates our speech, hands, legs, anus and Upastha. While five kinds of Vayu in our body is also created with the help of sky elements in the company of Rajas virtues as Pran-going towards east direction, Apan Vayu goes towards south in the body, VYAN Vayu roams in all the four direction of body and the Udaan Vayu goes upwards in our body and Saman Vayu maintain balance among all the five Vayu in our body. And in the same way rest of three elements have their impact on the functioning of our body.

Five Tanmatras are sound, touch, seeing, taste and smell. These Tanmatras incarnate to form five great elements. Each great element is a combination of all five Tanmatras but shows predominance of one Tanmatras at a time. These Panch Mahabhut creates different virtues with different objects; like sky has one virtue named SHABD, Vayu has two virtues SPARSH and SHABD.

तेजःशब्दस्पर्शरुपैर्गुणवत्कारणं क्रमात्।

आपश्र्चतुर्गुणः शब्दस्पर्शरुपरसैःक्रमात्।।

While TEJ has three virtues as SHABD, SPARSH and ROOP. Water has four virtues as SHABD, SPARSH ROOP and RAS. When these four virtues associated with earth- the fifth virtue of GANDH is added.

SHROTRA is a part of sky, skin is related with Vayu, eyes with Tej, Tongue with water, nose with smell, Gandh with earth and our karmendriya follows our Gyanendriya. Five elements as speech to Aakash, does Kriya with words, legs follow Vayu element goes here and there, hands related to Tej so worship fire, Anus with water throw out urine. Upastha throws out MAL—excretion.

In the same way, all the five senses have their Devatas to control them. Direction is the Devata of SHROTRA. Vayu is the Devata of Skin, The Sun is the Devata of Eyes, Varun -Ashwini Kumar is the Devata of nosFire God controls hands. Indra Dev controls hands. Vishnu Dev controls legs. Yam Devata has control over Anus. Prajapati Devata controls Upastha. Moon is the controller of mind and Brihaspati Dev controls intellect. Rudra controls Chitta. KSHETRAGYA Devata sitting in every Jivatma controls soul as a part of Paramatma.

Lord Shiv is Bhutnath -boss of five Bhutas all over. We have five temples dedicate to Shiva and each representing a manifestation of five prime elements of nature -Earth, water, fire, air and ether. As symbols of the prevalence of his power in Panch Bhutas. Lord Shiva dwells in five Shrines called Panch Lingam Kshetras. They are Kanchipuram-Prithvi Tatva. Thiruvanaikaval Appu -Lingam, Tiruvannamalai -Jyoti Lingam, Shri Kalahasti Vayu lingam and Chidambaram represents Akash Lingam.

According to Vedic yoga, one can purify these five elements and restore their energies from the universe, balance and maintain good health. This cleansing techniques for the five elements inside our body is known as Bhut Shuddhi

These five elements are associated with our organs as follow Ether with ears and throat, hearing capability, air with skin and touch related with heart and fire with eyes and naval; seeing ability, water with tongue, taste buds with sacral and earth with nose - Smell.

These five elements with different proportion create different types of personality of a human being. Water personality persons are articulate, introspective and self-contained. Fire personality persons are full of energies. They believe in Charisma and desires. They have creative potential. Wood personality persons are angry people. They become easily upset by frustration and obstacles and not able to restrain their feelings. Earth quality personality seeks harmony, togetherness and search for loyalty, security, predictability. Metal Personality persons are hasty in temperament and able to adjust themselves in different environment like water so these five elements- five Mahabhut are controller of our mind .

बंधश्र्च मोक्षो मनसैव पुंसामर्थोङप्यनर्थोङप्यमुनैव सिध्यति।

शुद्धेन मोक्षो मलिनेन बंधो विवेकतोङथाङप्यविवेकतोङन्यः।।

So first of all a Sadhak should understand his personality types and then worship Devatas of that elements to help him on his Spiritual journey. Then we can recognize the original Swaroop of Self domination.

Then let us surrender to Our great God and Jagat Guru Shri Krishna to find out the way from the maze of Sansar...Om Tat Sat...Shri Krishnarpanmastu...