Chapter 46

Rose's POV
Meanwhile...

        It hasn't taken me very long to want to give up. So far I haven't found anything. The only place I haven't been to yet is the mercenaries guild. Hopefully the other two have had better luck then I have.

      Walking up to what I was told is the local branch of the mercenaries guild, I noticed that it isn't very impressive. It's just a two story building made of wood. There doesn't even seem to be any windows on the first floor at all. Just a door with a shabby little sign above it saying mercenaries guild on it. I simply shake my head at it's simplicity and open the door, walking right in.

      It's not much different on the inside either. I can see is a few tables and chairs for people to sit and discuss whatever on one side of the room. On the other was a counter with a few pieces of paper on it and in the back I could see a door that most likely leads to the staircase. I'm assuming so anyway since I don't see anywhere else it could be. What I don't see is someone to talk to, the place is completely empty.

           'Well what the fuck is this shit?...'

   Confused and somewhat irritated, I turned around and was about to walk back out when the door opened before I could reach it. The girl that stepped through didn't notice me at first as she was looking at an envelope in her hand. As soon as she closed the door behind her I made myself known by giving a slight cough. The girl instantly dropped the envelope, pulled out a dagger and took a defensive stance all in about three seconds flat.

             "Sorry about that. Didn't mean to startle you." I said while trying not to laugh at how serious she looked. Once she realized that no one was trying to harm her or anything she relaxed and put away the knife.

                          "Ah, sorry I didn't see you there, reflexes and all that." She said whilst picking up the envelope and walking behind the counter.

      Getting a good look at her, she was actually kinda hot, in a tomboyish way at least. She was around the same height as me and had a decent build, kinda flat but still somewhat curvy. At least by what I could tell with the leather armor she wore. She had short brown hair and grey-green eyes with a mischievous glint to them.

          "Anyway, what can I help you with? Looking to join up or to place a bounty?"

                      "Neither actually. I was simply looking to see if I could possibly find out a bit of info. I've been asking around in the area and this is the only place I hadn't been to yet."

            "Well if it's info you're wanting then I'd normally say you've came to the right place however," She paused while gesturing around the empty area. "As you can see there's nobody here. And before you even ask, I just barely transferred over from the next town over a couple days ago so I won't be much help."

      Well shit. I mean I appreciate the straightforwardness but I can't help but be disappointed. So with my mood only getting worse, I said goodbye and walked back outside. I knew coming here was just a huge ass waste of time. We could have simply kept following the damn mark on my wrist until we found it. They better hope they found something at least somewhat useful or I'm going to lose my shit on those two for wasting my time.