Chapter 26

Unknown POV

'What the fuck just happened?'

I don't understand. How the hell did his energy signature just up and disappear? It doesn't make any damn sense.

"Get your useless asses out there and find out what happened."

-----------------------------------

Jiranio's POV

'What's this? I see, smart, very smart.'

"I can't wait to see where this goes..."

-----------------------------------

Galvos' POV

"Any luck on finding the source of that power surge"

"Not yet my lord. It appears that it's energy signature has disappeared. We have everyone looking in on it as we speak."

"Good. Notify me immediately once you find anything. You're dismissed."

We need to find the source of that power. I have only felt power that immense once, this could be a lead to what I've been after for years now.

With a wave of my hand all the doors in the throne room swung shut, locking as they did. Walking over to my throne and sitting down, I reached over and pressed a button on the armrest. As soon as I did a small magic circle popped up on the floor by my feet and scanned me.

Once it had confirmed that it was me, it immediately started spinning and the handle of a blade could be seen materializing. Once the blade had been all the way formed I leaned forward mesmerized by the power it put out. Just as I was about to touch the hilt I suddenly pulled my hand away.

"Thought you had me that time didn't you?" I said with a laugh although I was sweat dropping on the inside.

'That was way to close...'

"Don't worry, I'll have your other half sooner then you think. In fact, my men are zeroing in on it as we speak."

As I said that I could feel the energy from the sword start to spike. With a quick press of the same button I reversed the magic circle and it started to pull the sword back in. Once it was completely gone I once again waved my hand and the doors reopened. Just as they did one of my men came running in.

"What is it? Did you relocate the energy source?"

"No my lord, but I do bear good news."

"Speak."

"Yes Lord. Apparently one of the mages we had trying to track the energy source says he managed to hone in on the area that it was. It is not an exact location but he was able to discern the kingdom in which it derived."

"Excellent. Send people immediately. I don't care how many men you send, I want you to search the entire kingdom of you have too. Find me that sword."