Chapter 34

Rose's POV

        No sooner had I sheathed my blade I heard the guy's body hit the ground. I had easily taken out the other two idiots that were doing a shitty job of concealing their presence but it seemed like Cici was trying to play around with her opponent.

       Being woken up by this shit I wasn't exactly in the mood to let it go on any longer so I decided to just end it myself. Cici looked all pouty about it but she'll get over it soon I'm sure.

                    "Very well done girls, they didn't even have half a chance did they?" Lily said as she jumped out of a nearby tree clapping.

           "What happened to you keeping watch?" I asked while glaring at her. Seriously, I was under the impression that keeping watch actually meant you would keep watch.

                   "Consider it another test of sorts, I knew you girls would be able to handle it. If anything had gone wrong I would have stepped in." She said, acting like nothing happened.

              "Well, did we at least pass?" Cici asked as she walked over to us. She was still covered in blood but it looks like she already disposed of the bodies. Most likely buried them using earth magic.

      Lily just started laughing again while walking closer to Cici and using water magic to clean the blood off of her then fire magic to dry her off. "With flying colors my little wolfkin, I doubt I'd have done it any better myself, it would probably just have been quite a bit messier."

              "Well we're awake now, might as well just pack up and keep moving." I said a little hostile, if there's one thing I really can't stand it's being woken up. But come on, who doesn't like their beauty sleep?

                         "I doubt we have to guess who sent these idiots, but come on, I kinda feel insulted." Cici complained while packing up her stuff. "They sent way more people last time didn't they?"

                  "I for one am grateful they only sent a few, it's getting annoying having to deal with all the bullshit they keep sending our way." I said with a huff. But I have to admit, I kinda felt insulted too, they seem to continuously underestimate us. "No point in worrying about it, let's just get back on the move, the sooner we get there the better."