Chapter 15

Rose's POV

      Everything burns. It feels like every molecule in my body is on fire. I try to scream but nothing comes out. I don't know how long I've been burning or where I even am. I can't see anything, I can't hear anything and I can't feel anything but the relentless burning.

      After what seems like an eternity I suddenly feel the burn start to fade. Like I'm slowly being dipped in an ice bath. Just when I think it's over and the burn is gone I suddenly feel as if I was thrown into a vat of acid.

      It hurt so bad I wanted to just give up, let it consume me completely.

              "Rose.."

    That voice. I know that voice.

               "Rose don't give up love..."

     Mom? That's right. I still have something I have to do.

                "I know you can do it little one.."

      MOM!! My senses started coming back to me as I forced myself to the surface. Fighting through the pain with new resolve I was determined to make it through this. I will not fail. I will get my mom back.

              "IT IS DONE. CONGRATULATIONS MORTAL, YOU HAVE DONE THE IMPOSSIBLE."

        Everything came rushing back to me as I sat up gasping for air. It still felt like my lungs were on fire and I was dizzy as hell. I could vaguely hear breathing next to me. Once my vision cleared up I looked over and saw Cici was laying next to me sound asleep.

         Careful not to wake her up I carefully glanced around trying to gather my bearings. It looked like I was in an inn or something. I could see our gear scattered about the room and Cici looked like she's been up for awhile. She even fell asleep fully dressed like she didn't mean to pass out.

     Suddenly Cici started stirring, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. When she realized I was awake she just froze for a minute before tearing up and then hugging me.

           "Rose!! You woke up.. I was so worried..."

                   "I'm fine, I'm fine .. where are we? What happened?"

     When I finally got her to calm down and release me from her death grip of a hug, I found out that we were at an inn back in Aris. Apparently from her perspective, after we survived the dragons inferno she saw the dragon just disintegrate right before I passed out.

     After trying to get me to come too without any luck she noticed an old teleportation formation where the dragon statue used to be. After inspecting it a bit she realized that it was still in working order, just needed runes for coordination.

     I guess the only coordinates she actually knew were the ones for Aris from her voyage there to meet me. After she had inscribed the right coordinates and finished it's formation, she simply carried me over to it and activated it. Then once back in Aris she went to the closest inn and got us a room.

     Apparently she had made the excuse that I was passed out due to having too much to drink. Then after trying everything she could think of to wake me up she decided to stay by my side until I woke on my own four days later.

                   "I was so scared Rose.. I thought I was going to lose you...." She said with her face nuzzled in my hair, still holding onto me and shaking.

           "Shhh... It's ok Cici, I'm ok... I'm not going anywhere...." I said while rubbing her back trying to reassure her that I'm alright. "You did great... I don't know how I'll ever be able to repay you for getting us out of there and taking care of me... But I'll make it up to you, whatever it takes..."

                     "You mean it?.." She asked still sniveling a little as she leaned back and looked at me. "Whatever it takes?.."

             "Whatever it takes." I giggle a little at her cuteness. But before I could say anything else she simply looked at me teary eyed and then did the last thing I expected, taking me completely off guard. Pushing me back down on the bed, she leaves in and kisses me...