Chapter 42

Rose's POV

           'This is pretty fucking weird..' I think while staring at what is essentially a moving tattoo on my wrist.

       When I was told that Shailena could cast some kind of locator spell for the pieces of the artifact, I had thought that if anything it would somehow tell her where they are. I was way off, and I was the one she cast the spell on. The spell is able to locate the pieces but instead of just being told a location it acts as a sort of compass.

      As soon as she finished the spell I saw a flash of an old temple somewhere but that's about all I saw. When I said something about it failing Shailena pointed out a new tattoo on my wrist shaped like an intricate arrow. And just like a compass, every time I moved the arrow would stay pointing a certain direction.

      Apparently we just have to keep traveling in the direction that it points until we find the first piece. After that it's supposed to lock onto the next one. Honestly it kinda freaked me out when I saw a tattoo move like that. I'm still not used to the damned thing. I admit that it's kinda cool but definitely unnatural.

      Anyway, once everything was explained to me and Lily said her goodbyes, we quickly left the temple and ran back through the forest. Surprisingly none of us got lost or separated from the rest. We now have been traveling for about three days since then.

      So far we have managed to cover a pretty good distance without anything big happening. We did run into a few monsters along the way but the ones that didn't immediately just run away as soon as we were near were taken care of pretty quickly.

      Currently we're still running at a pretty decent pace, following this weird ass tattoo, while also trying to resist the urge to stop and gag my best friend so she'll shut up.

                "Come on Rose, please...." Cici asked for literally the thirtieth time in the last twenty minutes. "Can't we just spend one night? We can even leave first thing in the morning.."

            "You know, it wouldn't really hurt to take a small break," Lily added. "We could even use the time to ask around and see if anyone has heard anything about the temple we need to find."

       Seeing as how I'm outnumbered on this one and frankly I'm tired of hearing Cici bug about it, I finally agreed although reluctantly. In case you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, apparently there's a town nearby that is supposed to be having some kind of festival going on. And according to Lily, with the direction we are running in right now we should be passing right by the place.

       The second that Cici had heard the word festival she has been bugging me nonstop about it. To be honest I only have my mind on  one thing and that is focusing on the task at hand. I'll admit that my impatience is driving me to want to just find these damn pieces already and get this over with.

      I've been trying to help my mom for years and now I finally have a way to do so. So of course I didn't want to stop just for some stupid festival. But then again I guess Lily does make a good point. It would help tremendously to get at least some kind of info, especially since I actually have no idea what's waiting for us. I'm just following this damn tattoo.

                  "Alright, alright already, shit... We'll stop at the damn town, but we're not doing for the damn festival. We'll focus on finding out any info we can and we're leaving first thing in the morning. No exceptions..."