Chapter 06

Rose's POV

             "I'm soooo bored..." Cici complained for the millionth time since we had started our journey. "There's nothing to do and the only thing to see is water..."

         "Well what did you expect? We are sailing across the sea." I retorted as I walked by.

     We had been sailing for the island for a few days now. So far it's been pretty smooth sailing, except for Cici's never ending complaints. I can't really blame her since it has been boring as all hell but at least I don't cry about it.

        "Are we almost there?"

                     "No Cici. For the hundr..."           I paused as I looked behind her, squinting my eyes trying to make sure I'm seeing things right. "Oh wait, I think we are actually.."

           I quickly cast an enhance spell on my eyes so I could see better. I could just about  make out an island starting to get closer as we went. Not a second later Cici started jumping up and down excited.

             'This girl..'

        About half an hour later we were docked and preparing to head further into the island. There was no actual dock or anything so we just kind of looked at each other then jumped in the water and swam to shore. After walking up the beach we decided to just go through the treeline and start looking for any sign someone was here.

        At first we didn't find anything, all we saw was trees and other plants for hours. Until we finally stumbled across an old concrete path I'm assuming one way ends up at the water somewhere and the other possibly closer to our objective.

             "What do you think Cici? Left or right?"

                          "Well, I can hear water down to the right so I'd assume that leads down to another beach."

              "Left it is then."

     Turning left and following the path, we ended up walking for about another hour and a half before I started to see a building up ahead. Getting closer I realized that it was a sort of cathedral looking building made entirely out of old stone.

     It looked so natural, almost as if it was carved out of a giant boulder. With the dirty gray of the stone and the dark green of the moss all over it, it wouldn't be too hard to look over completely. I'm pretty sure the only reason we saw it right away was because we were directly looking at it whilst following the path.

     Walking up to the massive double doors and swinging the door knockers hanging from them, we waited to see if anyone would respond. After awhile of waiting I end up getting impatient and just pushed the doors open.

            "Hello?" I asked as loud as I could. "Anybody home?"

                       "I don't think anyone is here. Maybe we should ju-..."

                                "WHO'S THERE?!?!"

     The voice calling out to us sounded raspy and labored, almost as if whoever was speaking was having a hard time breathing.

          "My name is Rose. I came seeking help. I've been told that you are an expert in ancient magic, is that true?"

                      "Ancient magic?? You came to the wrong place, I can't help you. You would do well to forget all about that subject. That cursed shit will only going to drive you to madness and lead you to ruin... NOW GO AWAY!!"

        Right as the person had shouted that last bit both me and Cici were suddenly sent flying back a few feet by some kind of invisible barrier or something. Caught off guard and taking the hit head on I ended up landing on my back and sliding into a tree.

      I just kinda laid there for a minute . Not really expecting the person to respond like that I was more stunned with shock then any injury.

                "What in the actual fuck was that?!?! Rude much?"  Cici shouted towards the door as she ran over to me. By the looks of it she had landed on her feet. I was the only one who was caught off guard and hit head on, go figure. She must have been prepared for something like this and managed to defend herself from it.

      Either that or reflexive ass has gotten a hell of a lot stronger since I last saw her. And now she's getting worked up. Turning back towards the door after checking on me, she started to slowly approach it. I could physically see a faint glow coming from her eyes as she kept walking.

                'Well she looks pissed...."