Chapter 30

Lily's POV

        'I've missed this feeling!' I thought as I was running through the trees. I admit I did feel a little bit bad about taking off so quickly but I couldn't help it. It's been way too long since I've been able to run like this.

   As a Fenrir running is like second nature, it just feels wrong not to be able to run. Besides, I wanted to see just what these girls are capable of anyway.

   Just as I was starting to consider slowing down and waiting for them, I suddenly felt a presence rapidly approaching from behind. It didn't take long to realize who it was and I have to admit, I was genuinely surprised.

        'Well then... Guess these two aren't just talk after all..'

                  "See? I told you we would catch up Cici!!" Rose exclaimed in excitement as she was keeping pace with me.

    On my other side her wolfkin friend was laughing, equally keeping up with us. Surprisingly, instead of pained, irritated or strained looks I kind of expected to see on their faces from being forced to run this fast, it was the opposite actually.

    Instead they actually seemed to be enjoying this just as much as me. Seeing the joy and excitement on their faces I couldn't help but let out a laugh of my own.

         'I like these two..'

                 "Don't get too cocky now girls." I said with a mischievous grin. "You haven't seen anything yet!"

      Before either of them could respond, I looked straight ahead and kicked it up a gear, effectively creating a second sonic boom and shooting forward. Everything around me started to blur as I let instinct guide me across the landscape and around obstacles.

--  --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- -

             "Finally.... I'm starving.." Cici said as she sat down to eat. We had been running nonstop for about a day and a half.

        "I'm impressed girls, you two actually kept up." I said with a smile while sitting down with my own food.

               "How can you call that keeping up?" Rose asked with a bewildered expression. "After we caught up the first time you left us in the dust. It took everything just to not lose you."

     After putting something in our stomachs and cleaning up, we each spread out our bed rolls around the fire. I decided to give the girls a much needed rest so I took first watch.

      They didn't argue and were quickly asleep.