Chapter 31

Lily's POV

          'You would be so damn proud love... She's grown up to be quite the woman..'

  Reaching over and stoking the fire I glanced over to the girls and couldn't help but smile a little. They were out cold, our run so far must've taken a lot out of them.

   Sitting there lost in thought I was suddenly brought back to reality as I caught wind of something strange not too far away. Closing my eyes and focusing on my senses I realized that something was coming towards us. Multiple something's actually.

    Quickly getting up and slipping into the dark of the trees, I decided to go check things out. Using stealth to completely hide my presence I jumped into a tree and started going from branch to branch to intercept whatever was approaching.

    About five or so minutes later I came upon a group of what looked like mercenaries. They weren't very strong, compared to me at least, but it was obvious they've been in the game for awhile.

   They were actually doing a pretty good job of trying to conceal their presence and moved pretty quietly. They obviously couldn't hide from me but I wouldn't be surprised if they could get the jump on most people.

    There was about five of them. I could sense a pretty decent amount of magic power coming from two of them, they must be the mages of the group. Another one of them appeared to be an archer judging by the bow slung on his back whilst the other two were clearly warriors, one with a dual set of short swords and the other with a spear.

     With the direction they were going and the killing intent coming from them it was obvious they weren't here to talk. Now the question is wether or not I should just wipe these ants off the map or wake the girls first.

     I doubt capturing them would do any good, most mercenaries took jobs without ever knowing who the client was that hired them. In other words, no point in trying to get information out of them.

      'Hmmm.... Oh! I have an idea!!'

      Keeping my presence hidden I decided to simply follow these idiots back towards the camp. Annoyingly enough it took them a lot longer to get there then it took me to find them. Amateurs I swear. But oh well I suppose.

      After finally reaching the camp, I watched as the group silently try to come up with a game plan just inside the tree line. I decided to just get cozy in a tree with a good line of site of the camp.

         'Alright girls, let's really see what you can do..'