Chapter 10

Rose's POV

               "It feels like there's at least fifty people out there. How in the fuck did they surround us without anyone realizing it?" I asked in complete awe.

      Cici has naturally heightened senses plus all her skills, the dumbass we came to see knows ancient magic and literally rules this island and, I'm not trying to play myself up or anything, but I've spent the last four years honing my skills and I've gotten pretty damn good at sensory magic.

       And yet not a single one of us could sense that many people out there until now. Well, I can't actually say when it comes to the old guy, he's creepy and most likely not very trustworthy, but Cici would have definitely said something had she noticed.

           'How in the fuck did they conceal themselves so damn well?..'

                 "What should we do?" Cici asks while using earth magic to reinforce the doors. Turning to the mage, I walked right up to him and looked him dead in the eye.

           "You had something to do with this didn't you? Whatever, tell me how to break the seal.."

                    "I had nothing to do with them coming here.. But that doesn't mean I didn't know they were here. Sorry girly, but I'm not telling you anything. You and that blade are my key to leaving exile."

   Still looking him dead in the eye I released as much killing intent as I could muster. Surprisingly he didn't back off, albeit he was now shaking pretty hard.

             "Last chance, either you tell me how to break the seal and we take our leave or I will forcefully take what I want and still leave...."

             "Your really trying to intimidate me? I've been studying ancient magic and have had to face the worst of the worst to get where I am today. You don't scare me you insolent little brat. You really think you can make me tell you?"

                        "No more chances, now we do this my way. Oh, by the way the creepy old man, I don't need you to talk. But this isn't going to feel very good."

      Before he had even registered my words I had already reached forward and grabbed him by the throat. Placing my other hand on his head I started to forcefully pull his memory out. It was a spell I had came across in the forbidden section at the library in the Beast kings castle.

       I never thought I'd actually use it because when extract someone's memories by force it completely shreds their mind in the process. The book I got it from said that to have your mind so ruthlessly mauled felt like an endless amount of red hot spikes were being shoved into your head.

       I'd have to say it was pretty spot on, judging by the agonizing screams from the old mage. But I'm sick of all the bullshit and I don't have time for the games people like to play.

            "Rose!! Whatever you're doing make it quick, I don't know how much longer I can keep them out!!" Cici yelled over to me. She was using more earth magic to barricade the doors and windows with pillars of stone. I could hear different bangs and explosions as they tried to blast through with their magic.

    At first I thought that I wouldn't be able to get what I need before they broke through, but thankfully I found it not a second later. Releasing my hold on the now braindead mage, I let him drop to the floor and ran over to a bookshelf in the corner.

    I saw that he had a hidden exit when I went through his memories, I just gave to find the right book to trigger the panel. After a couple tries I had found it and a tunnel just barely shorter then me was revealed.

     I immediately started to cast a mix of ice and fire magic to create a thick fog. As soon as I had finished the spell I ran over and grabbed Cici before heading into the tunnel and closing the panel behind us.

             'That was way to close for comfort.....'