Chapter 22

Rose's POV

    It's been about three days since I explained everything to Cici, as best I could anyway. Surprisingly she actually took it pretty well. Instead of panicking like I thought she would, she actually got all starry eyed and wouldn't stop going on about how cool it was.

    These last couple days I've mainly been trying to get used to my new strength. After merging with the dragon it's like all of my physical and magical capabilities quadrupled. It's all I can do to keep from breaking a door every time I go to open it.

    Honestly it's extremely annoying. I can't seem to be able to do much of anything without worrying about breaking something. I have got to figure out a solution to this quick so I can get back to trying to save my mom.

                 "Hey Rose, didn't you say something about some military bigwig? Why don't we go ask him if he knows how to help?" Cici asks while laying upside down on the couch.

         "Ugghh, Vicebrook... I'd really not want to have to ask that guy for anything..."

                 "But if he could help, wouldn't it be worth it?"

         "I mean.."

                  "Come on Rose. Let's just go see him." She said whilst standing up and walking over to me with her hand outstretched.

    With a huge sigh I reluctantly got up from where I was sitting on the floor and let her grab my arm. Focusing my magic for a sec, we soon found ourselves standing in front of Vicebrook's desk. Effectively startling him in the process.

           "Wha-.. Rose?" He stammered as he tried to collect himself.

                   "I'm not here for pleasantries. I have a problem and I can't seem to figure it out." I said bluntly. Just seeing this guy I'm already regretting this decision.

           "Umm ok? I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing it's something to do with the crazy amount of power coming from you. Or am I wrong?"

                      "No, you got it right. I'm not going to go into detail nor am I willing to tell you what happened. All I can say is it's not just my power that has grown.

    My physical strength is too much for me. I can't touch anything without breaking it..."

   To emphasize my point I leaned forward, grabbed his desk and picked it up. Ripping the bolts that were holding it to the ground in the process. Effectively breaking it as I set it down.

   I admit it was probably uncalled for but the look on his face made it so worth it. He had an expression mixed of shock, anger and fear at the same time. Priceless.

                 "I need something to help me control it. At this point I'm afraid to touch anything, especially someone else..."

           "Well, I'm sorry to say but I don't think we have something here that will... Hold on..." He started to say while deep in thought.

            "Actually, there might be someone here that knows how to help you. Do you remember your mother's girlfriend?"

     Memories started flashing through my mind as he said that. Things I have tried my hardest to forget about. My mom's girlfriend was there when my mom saved me from the demon that day.

     Her name was Lily I think. She had actually found me before my mom did but ended up enslaved by the demon while trying to save me. My mom had no choice but to take her life.

                   "No shit I remember.." I said while trying not to choke up and getting instantly pissed at the same time. "You better have a damn good reason to bring that up."

             "Whoa relax Rose. I only mentioned her because she might be able to help y-.." He was cut off mid sentence as my hand was around his throat.

                     "Lily's DEAD. How can she help me?!"

               "S-she's a-alive.... She's h-here in the b-bunker..."

   Wait, what did he say? Releasing him and letting him fall to the floor I found myself at a loss of words.

                       "She's alive... That's not possible..." I all but whispered. "If you're lying to me no one will be able to help you. I'll paint this shitty office red with your blood."

    As soon as I said that I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, motioned for Cici to grab me then teleported to the bunker. No sooner had we appeared in the bunkers main room I could already feel her presence.

    Tossing Vicebrook aside I followed her mana signature to my mom's room. Before I could knock on the door it flew open and I was grabbed into a hug.

           "Rose... I knew it was you..."

                    "L-lily?!?!..."