Chapter 09

Rose's POV

             "So can you help me or not?"

   I had just spent the last two hours or so trying to explain what happened. The only reason it took so damn long is because this old guy is relentless. He kept making me repeat myself and wanted every single detail I could remember.

   He wanted to know stuff like what it felt like being so close to the ritual, the amount of power and mana being released, every symbol or rune I can remember and even the fucking color of light it put off.

   I seriously doubt that he actually needs to know that much about it to help me. I'm pretty sure this guy is just an old nerd lusting for knowledge or something. But I've seriously had enough of him beating around the bush.

                   "Well firstly I need to examine the blade." He said while reaching forward as if he was going to grab it.

            "Wait!! You can't touch-... Nevermind I guess..." Instead of grabbing the blade like I thought he was going to, his hand stopped just short of it's handle and when he moved his hand up the blade moved with it, just floating an inch or so away from his fingers.

                       "Don't worry. I know full well what happens when someone who isn't accepted touches a soul blade. The only reason I am able to interact with it at all is because of my knowledge of ancient soul magic." He said while thoroughly looking over the blade. After about ten minutes of him staring at it, he then waved his hand and the blade floated back to my hand.

               "So..?"

                           "Well I'm afraid that I can't help you with this one."

                  "Well why the fuck not? You were just boasting about your knowledge of ancient soul magic and now you're saying you can't help me?.."

                               "I can tell you what exactly needs to happen to undo the seal but as it stands, I cannot help you. This blade is only half of your mother's soul. Without the other half the seal cannot be broken.."

         Fuck.... I didn't know that I would have to physically have both blades to undo it.... What the hell am I gonna do now? There's no way in hell I'd be able to get even close to the other blade...

       "Wait.. only half of her soul..?" Cici asked seemingly trying to catch up. She genuinely looked a bit lost. "If that blade is only half of her soul, then where's the other half?"

               "With the bastard that sealed my mom!! But I have no idea who or where he is. I didn't really get a good look at him back then... "

          "Then how are we going to find him?"

                   "I don't know Cici... I really don't.."

                            "Well I have to an idea.." The old guy suddenly said while looking out the window. "How about we ask the people that are now surrounding the building?"

           'Wait what... I don't sense any-...... Fuck...'