Chapter 16

Rose's POV

              'Where am I?..'

    It looks like I'm in some sort of cave or something. The last thing I remember is falling asleep with Cici at the inn, how the fuck did I get here.

             "Hello?" I called out into the darkness. "Is anybody here? Cici?"

     Not hearing a response, not even an echo strangely enough, I was slightly starting to panic. Glancing further into the cave I started to notice a weird pulling sensation, it almost felt like something was urging me to walk further in.

     As I went I started to feel a dense aura in the air. It felt not only very potent and ancient but also somehow familiar. I couldn't quite put my place it but I know I've felt this aura before. Almost like it was a part of me but yet wasn't.

     The further I went the more intense it got. The aura grew so thick it seemed almost tangible. Logic evaded me as I kept walking, totally entranced. Everything I've learned over the years told me that an aura this strong is undoubtedly dangerous, yet I couldn't help but try and find the source of it.

      Just as it had became so thick it was almost hard to breathe, I had found myself in a huge cavern completely bathed in a crimson fog. As I approached I could somewhat see a huge shadow in the mist that had glowing red eyes shining like luminescent blood.

                 "Good. You can actually feel it can't you young one. You truly are the one I've been waiting for."

          "Wait.. What do you mean by that? Who are you and where am I?.."

                    "I am the beginning, the middle and the end. I am that which he as always been and that which always will be. I am the Blood Dragon, the Crimson King and Time Incarnate. I am Kronos!"

            "Kronos? I apologize I don't think I quite understand..."

                     "You are the one I have waited a millennia for. The only one capable of successfully merging with the original Primal and living to tell about it. That is what is happening now."

     As confusing as this is, it somehow makes sense to me. Like I somehow automatically know what's going on and have already accepted it. This just feels right.

             "Ok... I think I'm somewhat starting to understand... But why have you brought me here. In fact where is here?"

                      "We are in a pocket dimension of my creation, a place outside of the flow of time. I have brought you here for multiple reasons. First of which is due to your wishes. The power from our souls merging is what you see in the air around you.

     Although harmless to us it is extremely deadly to any other were they to come in contact with even a sliver of it's potency. I had thought you wouldn't want your lover to be overtaken."

    Oh, yeah, if it was that dangerous I definitely wouldn't wan-.. wait a minute.

          "*Cough-cough* What do you mean, we're not lovers. Cici is my best friends, we've practically grown up together that's all.." I all but yelled as I felt my face heat up. I don't need a mirror to tell my face is probably redder then the mist right now. "Anyway, you said there was multiple reasons for bringing me here, what is the other reason?"

                "Tell yourself what you shall young one." I could practically feel the smirk on his face. "The other reason is simply to hide our merging from those that don't want it to happen."

         "Wait, don't want it to happen? Who would even know about it? Cici doesn't even know what's happening. Hell, I still don't fully get it. Who would we have to hide from?"

                  "From the gods."

    'Wait... What...'