Chapter 21

Kaylee's POV

The branch opening was successful.After the meeting,I called Nathan but he was too busy.I went home and took care of my parents.

"Isn't Nathan leaving tomorrow morning?"My mom asked.

"Yup."

"Aren't you gonna spend the rest of the day with him?"

"No.He's too busy."

"Kaylee,go.I know you wanna see him."

"But I have to take care of you guys."

"We're perfectly fine here.Go to Nathan.He misses you."

"Are you sure?"Mom nodded.I turned towards Dad's direction and he also nodded.

"No.I have to make sure you guys are okay.Dad,your surgery is next week.Mom,you just got out of the hospital."They both let out a heavy sigh.

"You guys!"I hugged both of them.Please God,let them stay longer.I called Nathan and he answered in a second.

(Babe!I miss you so much.)

"I miss you too.Can I come there?"

(You're always welcome here.Honey,who is that?)

"Is that Veronica?"

(Yes Babe,I don't know what she's doing here.)I heard him ask her.

(Get off of me!)I heard Nathan yell.I hung up and drove there.Time to talk to my cousin again.

Nathan's POV

"Babe?Babe!"I looked at my phone and she hung up.

"God dang it Veronica!Stop!Get off of me."

"Babe,why can't you love me?"she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Get off of me Veronica!I swear I'm about to call the police and report you for what you did to Kaylee."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't act like you didn't do anything.I know it was you who tried to drown Kaylee."

"Babe,"I turned and saw Kaylee.I hugged and kissed her.

"So it was you."

"No."

"Babe,do you want me to file a case?"

"No.Veronica,what do you want me to do to make you stop?"

"Give me Nathan."

"Why do you want to love somone who doesn't love you back?"

"I don't care,he's gonna learn to love me."

"Does it make you happy?"

"Yes.I want him and I'll do anything."

"Let's let him speak then."

"Veronica,I don't love you.Please,stop if you don't want me to completely ignore you.All I can offer is friendship."

"But I'll give you something she can't."She said in wrapping her arms around my neck.I whisked her hand away.

"Stop.Please love someone else,we don't have a future."I wrapped my arms around Kaylee's waist and we walked to my car.She walked ahead of me but I opened the door for her.

"How are you,Babe?"I asked her.

"Okay."she said and looked out the window.

"Babe,are you mad?"I asked holding her hand with my free hand and kissed it.