Chapter 13

Veronica's POV

"Follow them and make sure when I see her,she'll be in the hospital fighting for her life."

Today has been a stressful day.I had a mall show to invite people to watch our movie.Nathan wasn't there because he asked for a one week vacation.I was okay with it until they told me he left with his girlfriend.I know deep in my heart that he loves me too.He just doesn't know it yet.I will not stop until he feels the same.I love him and I won't let him get away.

His girlfriend is hideous.I don't get what he sees in her,she's only a journalist.I make more money than her,Nathan will have a better future and good looking kids when he ends up with me.

"Whatever happens,don't tell anyone that you work for me."I hung up and went home.

Nathan's POV

"Wake up,sleepyhead."I said kissing her lips.She immediately opened her eyes and pushed me away.

"Why so grumpy?Are you still tired?I already checked us in,do you want me to carry you?"

"Babe,I just woke up.You don't kiss me when I just woke up."she told me rubbing her eyes.

"Why not?"

"Everyone has bad breath when they just woke up."

"So?I don't care."

"Can you carry me to my room?"

"I'll be glad to my queen."Kaylee put her arms around my neck and I got carried her while she slept on my chest.I rook the elevator and people looked at us.

"She's lucky to have you."An old lady whispered.I smiled at her.Another lady in the hallways told me that we're a good looking couple.We finally got to our hotel room and I carefully laid her down on the bed.I then went back to my car to get our things.

My manager called me as I was closing the trunk of my car.

(Nathan,some pictures from your vacation came out.When youget back,you're gonna have to either deny or admit your relationship with Kaylee.If you deny it,they'll probably link Veronica to you but if you admit it,you're gonna have a lot of interviews and people might not watch your movie.)

"But if I deny it,Kaylee will get jealous."

(She understands your work and if you explain it to her,I'm sure she'll also understand.)

"I don't know...someone is already threatening her."

(What?!Is she okay?What happened?)

"Someone tried to kill her underwater when we went to the beach."

(Next time you're taking a vacation,it'll be private where no press will see you.Tell me when you've decided.)

"I'll call you as soon as I can.I still have to call room service for Kaylee to eat."

(That'd be great,be careful next time okay?)

"Yup.Bye."I went to our room and unpacked her things first then mine.After two hours,I ordered room service.

"Babe,"she called.I sat at the edge of the bed and smiled at her.There was a knock on the door.I opened it and took the food.

"Food's here,want me to feed you?"

"No thanks,I can manage."she sat up and looked around.

"I'm sorry I slept for so long."

"It's fine.You needed it."

"Let's eat so you can go to sleep." she told me putting food on her spoon and bringing it towards my mouth.I opened my mouth and ate the food.

"They have good food."I said while chewing.She tried some and nodded.