Chapter 8

Kaylee's POV

Why does he keep trying to talk to me?Does he not know I'm trying to move on from him?I admit,I did miss him and a part of me wanted to hug him but I stopped myself.When he asked if we could talk,I agreed cause I wanted to clear things but Isaiah interrupted us.

"Why did you say that?!"I yelled at him.

"Kaylee,I only did that because I love you.I don't want him to hurt you again."I rubbed my temples.

"Just leave me alone.Go back to Seattle,I don't wanna see you."

"Kaylee,please."he pleaded.

"Go home!"I yelled.I was too shock to speak when Isaiah told Nathan that we're together.I wanna talk to him but he changed his number.I don't know where he stays here in New York.

"I don't want him back in your life because it's so obvious that he feels the same!I can see the way he looks at you,he wouldn't waste his time and come here if he didn't feel the same.Kaylee,how could you be so blind.I tried to help you get over him but I guess I can't replace him.Goodbye Kaylee,thank you for the friendship.Tell him,before it's too late."Isaiah said.I pity him.All he ever did was love me and I can't love him back.

"Thank you Isaiah,I'm sorry."He sighed.

"Go."

"Where?"I asked confused.

"Go after him,tell him how you feel,if he doesn't feel the same,I'll be here for you."I hugged him and chased after Nathan.

He was about to get in his car when I stopped him.His eyes were red.

"Nathan,"

"What are you doing here?Shouldn't you be inside?Isaiah will get jealous.Good luck on your relationship by the way.I'm happy for you."

"Nathan,we're not a couple.Isaiah lied."I confessed.I saw his eyes light up.He hugged me.

"Kaylee,I love you."I was shocked.My eyes started watering.He held my face and leaned in.I felt his soft lips and the tears fell.I kissed him back before our lips parted and we leaned on each other's forehead.

"Is that what you kept trying to tell me?"I asked.He nodded.

"I feel so stupid.I'm sorry,Nathan."

"Hey,it was also my fault.I didn't have the guts to say how I felt."

"So...when did you realize you love me?"I asked out of curiosity.

"Honestly...since we were kids.Since you left."

"It's official,we are now a couple!"he yelled.I hit him on the chest.

"What was that for?"he asked rubbing his chest.

"Just because you kissed me doesn't mean we're together.You have to court me Mister...the old fashion way."He scratched the back of his neck.

"Fine,goodbye Mr.Adrian,nice seeing you."I was about to walk back when he got a hold of my arm.

"No,you're staying.I'm willing to wait until you're ready."He hugged me again.

"Wait,what about your career?"

"What they see is what they get."

"Are you sure you'll be able to juggle courting me with your schedule?"I asked him.

"Just trust me.But...you know,if you don't want me to have trouble,  

you can answer me now."I grabbed his ear and pulled it.