Chapter 5

Kaylee's POV

Isaiah and I said our goodbyes and I went in the house.Surprised by what I saw,the food that I was carrying fell on the floor in an instant.Nathan was sitting on our couch comfortably.How did he get here so fast?

"What are you doing here?"I asked bitterly picking up the plastic of food.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok and that you got home safe."

"Well thank you you may go now.Goodnight."As I was about to go up the stairs,he spoke again.

"Kaylee,I'm sorry."he apologized.

"Let's talk tomorrow,give me time."With that,I went upstairs to my room and retired to my bed.

Nathan's POV

I don't get it,what did I do wrong?I mean,I know it's rude to stare but yelling and walking out?Girls are really confusing.

"What should I do now?"I ask under my breath.

"You should go home and get ready for tomorrow."Mrs.Adams said.

"Goodnight Mrs.Adams."I said and went home.

3:42 AM

I checked my phone and updated my status.Just then,my manager called me.

(Nathan,you have an interview two days from now.You have to clear controversies about you and Kaylee.)

"I really don't want to explain anything about me and her.I want it private."

(But you have to remember that they follow you everywhere.)

"I know that,I'll just have to be careful next time.Can you do me a favor?"

(What could it possibly be?)

"Tomorrow,I want a private dinner by the bay.I don't want anyone to see us so can you send me a new tux and a dress preferably pink and have it closed for people?"

(Sure)

We said our goodbyes and I finally fell asleep.

The next morning,I got my tux and left Kaylee's dress out her door with a note.

Kaylee's POV

Mom woke me up she was holding a pink dress.

"What is that for?"I asked rubbing my eyes.

"It was left outside our door.Check it out."

"Who is it from?"

"There was a note,uh..here."She took a piece of paper out of her pocket and gave it to me.

I'll pick you up at 6. -Nathan

"I think it's a great idea if you guys talk.To straighten things out."mom advised.

"But I'm afraid he doesn't feel the same.I'll look like a fool.I don't wanna get hurt again."

"Honey,I know that.But you're not that young anymore.I still want to see my grandkids."

"Mom!"I whined.

"Kaylee,don't wait until it's too late.Tell him how you feel."Mrs.Adams told the exact same thing to Nathan.He told her that she'll tell him today.

"Come on,get up and eat breakfast."

I did what I was told and put the dress aside.

After eating,I decided to go jog to the park.I was heading out when I saw Nathan heading towards my direction and so I quickly went back in.