Chapter 16

Nathan's POV

"I know."

"Mom,what else do you think I should do to prove her that I regret lying to her?"

"Well,when your dad and I get in a fight,we talk about it after cooling off.In your case,you should start from the beginning,court her again."

"But what if she doesn't accept it?"

"Keep trying and never give up."she told me tapping my shoulder.

"Thanks mom."

"You're welcome.Now,let's eat?The food's getting cold."We ate and I told her about Kaylee and I.

"When I told her that you were coming home,I saw her eyes light up and go back to normal.There's still a chance and please,do everything you can to get her back."

"I will mom,thanks."

"Keep eating,you lost some weight."

"Well,what do you expect?I haven't had the appetite to eat since we broke up."

"Show her the old Nathan.The one that loves her so much he's willing to give his career up."

"I'll try."

"No,you won't try.You'll do it."

"Okay,fine.I'll do it."

"That's the spirit!Now,finish eating so you can see her."my Mom said raising her eyebrows up and down.

"What did your manager say about you cancelling the trip to France?"

"She got mad at me and I told her to just re-schedule."

"Can they?"

"Yes."

"How are you going to explain it to her?"

"I don't know...maybe I'll just take her with me."

"What about her work?"

"She can bring it."

"But it's not that easy.She only got back to work two days ago when she decided to go home."

"I'll find a way."

"What if she doesn't want to leave her work?"

"I'll convince her."

"Okay,just think about what she'll think about your relationship.She already left her work for a week for you.It's a give and take thing Nathan."I sighed.We finished eating and left the restaurant to go home.

Kaylee's POV

"Mom,I'm gonna go shopping!"I hollered.

"Okay!"she hollered back.I brushed my hair and headed out.I was pulling out of the driveway when a car tried to go in.I waited but someone got out.My eyes widened when I saw him.I backed out but he started running towards my car.I hurriedly drove away.

"Kaylee!"I heard him yell.My eyes clouded up.I continued driving but couldn't see the way.I didn't see the car in front of me and was lucky enough to press the brakes before I hit the car.The driver got out and knocked on my window.I looked around.He was still running towards my car.

"I'm really sorry sir,I didn't mean it."I said wiping my tears.

"Kaylee,is that you?"

"Mr.Loen?Listen,I don't have time,I'll just pay you later."Mr.Loen is one of my dad's closest friend.

"Why are you crying?Did something happen?"

"Yes,I really save to go.I'm really sorry."

"Kaylee!"He yelled.