Chapter 2

Nathan's POV

I raised my hand to knock when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Who are you?"

I turned around to see a guy in a purple v-neck and basketball shorts. In his arms was a diminutive brunette wearing a floral dress. It was Kaylee. She was sleeping peacefully in his arms while he carried her bridal style. She nuzzled his neck and my blood boiled.

"Who are you and what did you do to her?" I yelled as I walked closer to the guy.

She groaned and buried her face deeper into his chest. I stopped in front of him watching Kaylee closely. I wanted to be the one holding her. I wanted her to wrap her arms-- what the heck am I thinking? I looked up when the jerk talked.

"Dude, relax. I didn't do anything to her. I'm Isaiah, a friend, she fell asleep on the way here-- well I told her to sleep," he whispered, "you must be Nathan."

Isaiah walked up the steps to the front door and rang the doorbell. Mr. Adams greeted him and told him to bring her upstairs. I stood out there with her luggages waiting to be invited inside.

"Nathan, nice to see you! Boy, you've grown. Are those Kaylee's stuff?" I nodded. "Why don't you take them upstairs?"

"Okay sir."

I followed Isaiah up the stairs to Kaylee's old room. As soon as I walked in, all the memories came flooding back. Like, during weekdays after my swimming practice and her soccer practice, we would hangout here and just watch t.v.or play board games. On weekends we would have movie nights, but ended up throwing the popcorn everywhere. That all ended when she moved to Texas.

Isaiah laid her down on the bed while I set her luggages by the door. He tucked her in then slowly leaned in. I ran across the room and pulled him by the collar. I dragged him out of the room not wanting to wake up Kaylee.

Kaylee's POV

I woke up to find myself in my old room. I sat up and turned on the lamp. It was exactly like it was when I was little. The walls were still blue from when Nathan, my parents and I painted it. There were still pictures around the room of Nathan and I. There was a shelf filled with DVDs that we watched. Along with board games like chess, apples to apples, monopoly, and several other games.

I stretched my arms above my head and wiped my eyes for eye boogers. The clock read 11:00 PM. I lifted the blankets of off me and jumped off the bed. I heard arguing outside the room so I walked closer to the door. I was about to turn the knob when I spotted my luggages and on top were my sunglasses. When did that get there?

"What were you doing?" Someone asked.

"I was just trying to--"

I opened the door to see Nathan pinning Isaiah against the wall. Nathan's back was facing me and Isaiah was too busy talking back to him so they both didn't notice me coming out of the room. I walked closer to them and pulled each one of their ear to separate them. I tugged their ears until they were both facing me. Once I let go, they were left with crimson ears.

"What the heck is happening here?" I asked.

I was hoping they'd reply, but they just gave each other death stares. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm too tired for this crap, just go home."

Neither one budged.

"I still have to talk to you," Nathan said.

"Now's not the right time for that. Leave," Isaiah grinned, "both of you."

Nathan headed down the stairs first and Isaiah followed. I walked right behind the two down the stairs and out the door. I watched until Isaiah got in his car and Nathan walked across the street. Finally. I walked back to my room to get some pj's and other bathroom things out of my suit case. I jaunted to the bathroom and got ready for bed.