Chapter 6

Kaylee's POV

I went downstairs but I heard his voice,I went back upstairs and got my luggages.

"Dad!I need help with the bags."I yelled.Nathan went tried to help me but I jerked the bag and hit him.

"Kaylee!Where are you going?"Mom asked.

"I'll just tell you later.Why are you here?"I turned my attention towards him.

"Kaylee,what did I do this time?"he asked.

"Sweetheart,I invited him here.Now sit down and let's eat.We need to talk about why you have baggages."

"I'll just go straight to the point.I'm going back to New York tomorrow morning."

"What?!"they all said in unison.Dad spat some water out.

"Kaylee,why didn't you tell us?I thought you'll still be here until next month?"she asked.

"Something came up.They need me as soon as possible.I'm sorry that I wasn't able to tell you.I had to pack."I explained.

"What was it?"Nathan asked.

"Why do you care?At least you have time with your--"

"Mr.and Mrs.Adams can you please excuse us?"he said and dragged me outside.

"Is it that easy for you to leave everything?What about us?"

"There is no us Nathan!"I yelled tears started forming.I tried to go back in but he stopped me.

"Kaylee,I--"My phone started ringing and so I excused myself.

"Isaiah!Yeah tomorrow at 7:30.Yes I'm sure.I'm ok,a little bit excited."

I texted Isaiah to thanked him and then I went back inside.

"Kaylee,we're not done talking!"he yelled.

"You have no right to yell at me."I said and closed the door.He kept knocking until mom asked me to let him in.

"Kaylee,don't be rude."Mom lectured.

I went up to my room and tried to sleep.Mom knocked at my door.I sat up and we talked.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Sweetheart,why'd you decide to leave?"she asked.

"Mom,I want to forget."she sighed.

"Nathan lo--"My dad was knocking.

"Come in!"I said

"Are you ok princess?"

"Dad,quit calling me that,I'm not little anymore."I whined.

"You sure act like one.What's wrong?You haven't eaten dinner and you didn't talk to Nathan.I thought you guys were close?"

"We were.It'll be better off this way.We'll just forget about each other and act like nothing happened."I said swallowing to avoid crying.

"Princess,do you love him?"I slowly nodded.They both smiled at me.

"He doesn't feel the same."I explained through my tears.My eyes widened when someone else knocked on the door.I heard the guitar playing.He went in and started singing.

1,2,3,4, 

Give me more lovin' that I've ever had make it all better when I'm feeling sad, 

tell me that I'm special even when I know I'm not 

Make me feel good when I hurt so bad barely getting mad, 

I'm so glad I found you,I love being around you