28-Proposals

previously

Fuck.

4 days later

"Ughhhhhhh I feel like shiiiiiittttt" I groaned while laying on my childhood bed in the fetal position. I got my period four days ago. I had a heat pack on my abdomen and warm water on the bedside table. Alex was laying behind me and holding me through the cramps, mood swings, headaches, basically the whole period package. "I know... you'll be ok..." the channel on the TV was a wildlife channel and it was showing the cutest animals that were going extinct. it was showing this adorable little guy. (a Pika)  "Awwwwww its going extinct..." I waited, starting to cry. "its such a cute little guy though!" Jess. stop it. you're embarrassing yourself. its just the mood swings. you can fight it. I felt Alex smile against my hair. I knew it. he thinks I'm the weirdest person ever. "I'll be right back, Princess." Nooooo he's leaving meeeeeee. I watched him outside my door silently make a call. he was yelling. an hour later, there was a knock at my front door, and I started to stand up to answer it, but Alex stopped me. "I'll get it, Princess." he walked out and came back in with a large box with a blanket over it. "I have a surprise for you Princess." I raised an eyebrow. he pulled the blanket off to reveal a cage with a small animal inside. wait... was that... "A Pika!!!!!!! oh my God Alex this must have been so expensive. I can't pay you back for this." he rolled his eyes. "Princess, those words will never come out of your mouth ever again. assuming I'm ever not by your side, drop my name anywhere and you will never have to pay for anything ever again."

3 days later

My period ended and I was giving Alex a tour around town. "I'll show you the town square last, but for now, look! this was my friend, Betty's house! we had a... falling out a few years back." we kept walking until we got to Sammy's house. oh. Sammy. my boyfriend before I left. "who's in this house?" Alex asked. "oh, just... an old friend... another falling out..." I didn't want him to know about Sammy. Yeah, sure. 'falling out' more like technically still together since we didn't officially break it off... we kept going around town and I kept telling stories and eventually we ot to the square. we went into the middle and from the townspeople's perspective, it looked like the prince was about to say something, so they crowded around us. I looked around and saw Sammy in the crowd. oh. shit... I looked at Alex and he stared into my eyes and got down on one knee. double shit... but OMG!!!! he was proposing!!!!!! I covered my mouth and my eyes started watering. "From the moment I met you, I knew my adventure had just begun. I fell in love with you for a million tiny reasons, and I want to spend a lifetime discovering more. You make me happier than I ever thought possible. Will you make me the happiest person alive by marrying me?" even his eyes were watering. "YES!!!! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD, ALEX! YES, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES!" I squealed. 

Sammy motioned for me to meet him in the alley by his house so I excused myself from Alex

"Jess. what. the. Fuck"