23-Rescues

previousy

I would burn the world for her- no. I would give her the matches to do it herself if she wanted.

Her POV

will he never come for me? does he not love me anymore? where is he? did he not see the message? did he marry someone else? does he- My overthinking was cut off from someone barging through the door. my eyes were practically plastered shut with tears, but I heard a voice. an extremely familiar one. Alex!

"Anyone who's in here, get down on the ground!" I heard more footsteps, probably his soldiers for backup. 

His POV

I was full of worry. where is Jess!? "JESS!?" I heard a groan that sounded suspiciously like her voice. "Jess!" I was excited, until I saw her, bruised and bloody, tied to a chair. "Jess... oh Jess... what did they do to you? Who did this to you?" I whispered to her and she gave me another groan. my soldiers moved in, trying to find her kidnappers as I slowly untied her ropes. Poor Jess... the ropes cut deep into her skin because of how tight they were.

when I finally got all the ropes untied, I picked Jess up and stood at the door, waiting for my soldiers to find her kidnappers. I was going to murder them... suddenly, I heard a shot ring out, and a part of Jess's already stained white dress turned a bright crimson red. Oh no... 

i ran out to the car and rushed her to the airport. the castle's hospital is the best one in the country, so I had to get her there fast. I told my driver to floor it. I sat in the backseat with Jess, trying to stabilize her by putting pressure on the wound. 

we arrived at the airport and I ignored the lines and the payments, telling people to bill things to the royal family. I ran through everything and got to a private jet where the pilot was leaning against the plane, eating a sandwich on his lunch break. "Open the doors! please! its an emergency! I'll pay you tenfold of what you're already earning, just fly us to the palace and quick!" the pilot scrambled to open the doors at my offer and we ran in the plane, ignoring all protocol and just taking off.

it felt like it took a million years to get to the palace, but we arrived, and Jess's breathing was labored, but still there. "Don't worry, I've got you... Jess, please... don't leave me... try to hold on, ok? for me... stay with me..." I whispered to her as I ran through the hallways with her in my arms.

we got to the hospital wing and I yelled to the nurse, who was on lunch break. Why does it have to be everyone's lunch break!?  "Please! help me! shes shot... I couldn't protect her... I need her... I cant live without her..." the nurse ran over and grabbed her from my arms. "Don't worry. we'll take care of her." the nurse said. "A-Alex..." Jess rasped. tears that I have been holding back for a while fell from my eyes at her words. "Don't worry Baby. the nurses will take good care of you..." I said, trying to comfort myself just as much as her.