10-Dinner Announcements

previously

"no, you're staying."

At dinner i found my name card and sat down at a gorgeous wooden table. there was one large table for the competitors and a small table for the royal family. there were 3 chairs but only 2 of them were occupied. where was the king? it didnt matter because at that moment the waiters came out holding plates of delicious-looking food. one waiter set a plate of mouth watering fried chicken in front of me and the girl sitting next to me, Aria, told me that im not allowed to start eating until the whole royal family is here and after they address us. 

moments later the king walked into the room and we all stood up. "Hello! my apologies ladies, my meeting ran far longer than it was intended to, you may sit down!" he said, sitting in the biggest chair at the head of the small table. i heard the scraping of chairs against the floor as my fellow competitors pulled out their chairs and gracefully sat down, digging into their food. as i was sitting down, i felt the princes eyes on me as he was talking to his father.

after all of the girls were done eating, the prince stood up and made an announcement. "I have eliminated 2 girls, as you can see, Charlotte and Avery are absent from your table." He said, pointing to the 2 empty chairs that i hadnt even noticed when i walked in. "They have been eliminated because of their... interesting word choice in letters they have sent to their families, so this is a reminder that i personally inspect every package and letter that goes in and out of this palace." he winked at me. "i also will be interrupting your session with Lilliana tomorrow morning addressing you as a group, and then personally to get to know you better. have a good night, and you are dismissed."

i stood up out of my chair and as i was walking out of the doors into the hall, the king stopped me and asked me if we could have a word alone. "I will have you know that i also read that journal you sent your mother and i agree with you and i also think that you are too needy and you will take up too much of my son's time. i personally do not like you. one slip up and you will be gone, agreed?" he said sternly. "I-uh- ok Sir..." i said. 

my head was spinning, and when I got to my room, I just collapsed onto my bed, heels and everything.

_______________________________________________

Hi guys! i think i have been doing pretty good at creating long chapters for you guys! i cant really think of anything to say right now except Thank you so so much for reading my book and feedback is greatly appreciated!

XOXO

Arweeno