21: Flower 4

HAPPY 1K READS
remember to share this book to all your stay friends.

Quick question, do u actually have stay friends?
I have only 2 stay friends and an army.

What other fandoms r your friends in?

Hyunjin's POV

As I sit in my room, my brush glides across the canvas, capturing the image of a burning mansion—a symbolic representation of Stray Kids' fate if Chan continues his reckless behavior.

The bond among F4—Jeongin, Minho, Chan, and myself—dates back to high school. When Chan relocated to Korea, I became his first friend in this new land.

Back then, I was the reserved, unassuming kid, with admirers but lacking close friends. Meeting Chan changed that. I recall our first encounter vividly—the sight of him in the carpark, curly hair askew, clad in a black tracksuit despite the summer heat.

I had to make a comment "who wears an all black tracksuit on their first day"

He managed to look even more embarrassed. I walked him to class and did a little tour around school with him and that's how our friendship started.

Despite our contrasting tastes—he favored RnB, I leaned towards pop; he shied away from dancing, while I relished it; his ignorance of art—our connection deepened. Our families intertwined, cementing our bond.

After spending about a year together, Chan and I were strolling near the school field where the football team was practicing. Suddenly, the ball rolled to Chan's feet. The team urged him to kick it back, and despite his nervousness, Chan unleashed an unexpectedly powerful kick. Impressed by his skill, they immediately informed the coach.

The coach decided to include Chan in the team's training starting the next day. Eager to support my friend, I tagged along to watch. Surprisingly, Chan asked me to join a few other players for a game before the rest arrived. Although I only had limited experience playing soccer with my cousins, I knew the basics.

During the game, the ball came to me, but I got blocked by an opponent. Determined, I dribbled past him and passed the ball to Chan. His teammates cheered, impressed by my dribbling skills. Chan spoke to the coach, and I was officially added to the team for training.

As months passed, Chan emerged as a star player alongside Bong Pil, and I became a regular member of the team. Our newfound status elevated us socially, drawing attention from peers like Leeknow, the basketball team's star player. He welcomed us into the sports teams group chat and expressed admiration for our potential.

I remember him saying and I quote "you guys look like you'll make it big. I hang out with only the biggest and best. Lets be friends"

Ah leeknow, the most unpredictable, sarcastic, sadistic and surprisingly caring guy I've seen.

We later befriended IN from the swim team during a camp retreat, despite his initial standoffish demeanor. Over time, we formed a tight-knit group, supporting each other through school and beyond.

After graduation, Chan discovered an audition opportunity for JYP Entertainment, and we auditioned together, eventually forming Stray Kids with Seungmin, Jisung, Felix, and Changbin. Despite initial doubts, we succeeded together, earning the nickname F4 (Flower Four) and gaining popularity.

We were named flower four by our colleagues because Chan, leeknow, Jeongin and I had a photoshoot at a garden for some perfume brand and since that day the nickname stuck.

However, our success attracted rumors.

About two months later, a rumor started swirling around that Chan pays someone to write our music, calling them a ghostwriter.

In response, Chan left a crimson paper in the root of the rumour's locker, containing all his secrets, threatening to expose them if the accusations persisted. This method made him clarify the rumour immediately.

Seeing the effectiveness of this approach, Chan began sending out these red cards to those he deemed as "offenders." Initially, I never condoned this method.

The situation escalated as we rose to become the top group in JYP, surpassing even Twice. Trainees, staff—everyone began treating SKZ, especially Chan, like gods. And Chan reveled in the loyalty and admiration.

However, he grew increasingly desperate to assert dominance, resorting to bullying tactics against anyone in his path. Despite warnings from the company, Chan, aware of his value to SKZ's revenue, continued his behavior unchecked.

The tipping point was Liliana. I've witnessed trainees quitting and people ending up hospitalized due to his reckless actions. Liliana, being new to Korea and unaware of the dynamics, merely defended her friend, and Chan targeted her. The situation is escalating rapidly, and if it goes too far, Liliana might quit, resulting in JYPE losing another talent, or she might bravely expose everything to the world.

She's an African, not trying to be racist or stereotypical but Africans are some fearless people. They'd do anything to win and survive and from what I've observed Liliana is ready to fight.

Despite my repeated warnings, Chan refuses to heed them. This time, I am determined to make him stop.

***
I just wanna ask y'all.
In your country does the electricity/power go out when rain falls?

Because in Nigeria, we call ourselves some giants of Africa but we sit in the dark when rain falls. I'm typing in the dark rn. 😔

Okay I just wanna thank the people that voted, commented and supported. 🥰🥰🥰

You might think your input doesn't matter but it does. Voting is a little way if showing you are enjoying the book.

 Voting is a little way if showing you are enjoying the book

I love when Felix slays this pose ☺️