22: One action

***

Hyunjin's POV

"Hey Hyunjin, stop moping around and come out! We got vocal practice this morning!" Seungmin's voice echoes through my closed door.

I keep on painting, ignoring his calls.

Seungmin jiggles the doorknob and finds it unlocked. "Well, look at that. The door's been open this whole time," he remarks, stepping into the room.

I steal a glance at him before returning to my canvas, focusing on my painting.

"Hyunjin, I know you're upset, but you can't just neglect your responsibilities. You haven't even taken a bath yet," he says, moving closer to me near the window.

"Seungmin, please just go," I finally speak up.

"No," he sighs. "Listen, you've already warned Chan, and that's enough for now. If he keeps it up, we might have to intervene, but for now, please get ready so we can go to the company together. We've got a group IG live tonight, announcing our sponsorship from Samsung to STAY."

"What do you expect me to do? Pretend everything's fine, especially in front of the fans?"

"I know you care about STAY, but the only thing—"

"Seungmin, just go," I interrupt, dropping my brush onto the tray. "You're only making me more upset."

"This isn't how adults handle things, Hyunjin. Stop sulking and get to work," he scolds before slamming the door shut.

Seungmin can be like an annoying older sister sometimes, always nagging. I need to get ready and head to the company. Liliana will probably be there today, and with Chan's anger issues, it's best I go to protect her.

Liliana's POV

Mariah and Chloe always stick by my side, even when I need to use the bathroom. They're convinced that Chan's followers are lurking, waiting for a chance to attack me.

"Regarding the performance in front of management, what should we wear?" I inquire.

"I think we should coordinate our outfits, maybe not identical but similar colors," suggests Chloe.

"What colors are you thinking?" I inquire further.

"Baby pink and grey," Chloe responds.

"I love that idea," Mariah chimes in. "I'll announce it in the group chat," she adds, pulling out her phone and typing away.

"Isn't that your friend, Liliana?" Chloe points out, noticing Hana by a poster, staring at a picture of 3racha's performance in France.

"Oh, Hana!" I call out.

She turns around, visibly nervous, especially upon seeing Mariah and Chloe.

"It's the plastic bitch, right? Are you happy my friend is getting attacked because of you?" Mariah lashes out at her.

"Mariah," I interject firmly, "can you please excuse us?"

"No, I want to—" Mariah tries to argue, but Chloe intervenes, leading her away.

"See you at Mr. Yang's office. Later!" Chloe calls out as they leave.

"Bye," I wave with a smile before turning to Hana, who's nervously playing with her purse strap. "Hi. How have you been? They're not bullying you, right?"

She shakes her head no. "That's a relief," I say, genuinely concerned.

"What are you doing now? Should we—" Before I can finish, Hana nervously glances behind me and rushes off.