17. Chaos

Chan's POV

I'm seething with anger right now. That girl, Laria, Leona, Liliana, whatever her name is, I swear I could strangle her! How dare she kick me where the sun don't shine and then bolt like a coward?

My pride's wounded, and I'm beyond frustrated. Where's she from? The land of psychos?

She's out of her mind, completely abnormal. Fearless, too—she has the nerve to stand up to me. Does she even realize who I am? What I'm capable of?

She's dead.

She's—

I turn and catch Leeknow and Jeongin stifling laughter as they watch me writhe in pain.

"What's so funny, huh?" I try to straighten up, ignoring the agony. "You think this is a joke? You just let her go! Do you want to see me lose it?!"

"Yah!" Leeknow snaps, "don't play that game with us. We're not afraid of you."

"This is ridiculous. I just want to grab her by the neck and—" I imagine her delicate neck between my hands, squeezing the life out of her. "Argh!"

"Take it down a notch, bro," Jeongin rolls his eyes.

That little punk. I've been too lenient on him; he's disrespecting me.

"You're the one with issues, not us. Why should we intervene? And yes, we do find this amusing," Jeongin continues, scrolling through his phone.

I storm over and snatch the phone from his hand. "Give me that!"

"Are you out of your mind?" Jeongin moves to grab it back.

"Not yet, but I'm getting there," I slip the phone into my pocket. "I need every detail about that... that African annoyance!"

"Jeez, calm down," Leeknow looks genuinely concerned. "I'll get it in a few minutes. Just grab a cold drink from the fridge and cool off," he nods towards the mini-fridge in the lounge.

I reluctantly grab a soda from the fridge, still seething.

"Okay, Liliana," Lee types into his laptop, "but what's her last name?"

"I'm not sure," I shrug.

"I'll just search for Liliana then," Lee continues typing away, eventually finding her.

Jeongin and I move closer to see the screen. "What did you find?"

"She's 18, from Nigeria, and just joined JYP as a trainee a month ago. She's in a special program," Lee scrolls through her company profile. "There's not much info, and some pages require a passcode. Why is she so high profile?"

"She must be someone important if they brought her all the way from Africa," Jeongin muses, deep in thought. "Maybe we shouldn't keep pushing her. Management might step in."

"What if they don't?" I ask.

Lee sighs in frustration. "Listen to us for once. Leave her alone! Don't take any risks."

I don't respond, silently returning to my brainstorming area. Ultimately, the decision to let her go or punish her is mine.

***

Liliana's POV

Mariah and I eagerly join the line, stomachs rumbling in anticipation, to get our food at the bustling cafeteria.

"The ad-lib is a bit too much for me. Why not give Eliška the high notes? They're a piece of cake for her," Mariah rambles on about the technical challenges of her singing parts.