2. Charmer

"come out oh!" Sarah shouts from outside my gate.

I slip my legs into my slippers "I'm coming!" I open the gate and lock it back then I turn to meet her .

As I slip the key into my pocket, Sarah runs to me pulling me towards the motorcycle waiting for us.

Motorcycles are also a mode of public transportation. We apologize to the okada rider (okada is a common term for motorcycles) for the delay. He nods. (A/n. Btw a very young okada rider, let's say 16... He looked 16 was flirting with me. I was so creeped out but it was kinda cute)

We begin our journey to a small mall 'pep store ' not too far away from our neighborhood.

When we get there, Sarah hands over some money to the rider and we enter the building.

"First, the shop for clothes" I point to a store. We get in and separate.

She checks for tops and I check for pants. I find a good pair of black pants and locate her on another aisle frantically pushing hangers aside.

"What exactly are you looking for" I ask her

"Body con top but badass and neon green" she doesn't even look up to reply.

"Green?" I ask again

"Yes green" she stands, putting her right hand on her waist " or what do you want?"

"I don't know? White? Grey?" I shrug

She kisses her teeth loudly "why do I even bother asking you. You never have anything sensible to say when it comes to clothes. You need to wear something flashy enough so they can remember you immediately"

"Who said they won't remember me" I interrupt

"Let me land. " She emphasizes the landing by slamming her hand on the rack " you need something with flashy colours, comfortable, simple enough but most importantly, badass"

"I think you are overthinking this"

"Wait, what did you think we were coming to buy? A hoodie and some sweats. You have to look professional enough, not shabby" she snatches the basket from my hand. "Follow me"

I quietly follow her to another aisle where she quickly runs to a rack with green clothes.

Sarah has always been the more fashionable one between us. She could scroll through AliExpress for hours looking for the perfect fit. Her dad always scolds her concerning the number of clothes she has.

Last year she had to sell most of them because she doesn't wear them. She's always talking about colour shades and what colour should go with what, fashion era, styles that match ...Let's just say she really likes clothes.

***

Two hours after and we are finally done picking out my outfit.