7. Eliška

Eliška (elishka)

Eliška (elishka)

____

The apartment is surprisingly in an estate.

"The estate is owned by JYPE with restricted access to non-staff. " Mabel says as we drive in.

The car stops in front of a small building close to the gate.

Mabel takes me inside where we see a small reception.

She's in a pretty peach shirt with a bow in her ponytail. Her makeup is minimal, keeping it simple and natural.

"Hello" the receptionist smiles widely at us "nice to see you Mabel"

"Same here , Hyeri" she smiles back " this is Liliana"

She pulls me forward. I awkwardly wave "hi"

"How are you?"

"I'm good" I say in a tiny voice.

"Is she part of the new group?" She turns to Mabel

"Yes, she's from Nigeria."

"Oh the African..." her words fade out as she shuts her mouth "right"

I turn to see Mabel suspiciously making wierd eye contact with her.
Okay, they are definitely hiding something.

"Let's sign you into the estate database. " I spend the next few minutes filling in my details.

"Well, you know the apartment. There are already four members in the apartment." Hyeri says to Mabel

"Oh wow, did they seem fine?" Mabel asks

"They were very excited. Overexcited. One was jumping and trying to take pictures. She was permanently on the look out for other artists." She shakes her head with a slight smile

Mabel laughs "I'm not surprised "

"I can say Liliana is the most composed. Aren't you excited?" Hyeri says.

"I am just... nervous... I guess," I struggle to maintain eye contact.

"Don't worry, you'll fit just right in," Hyeri reassures.

Mabel turns to me, saying, "Come on, let's head down there."

"Alright, welcome to Korea, Liliana," Hyeri waves, saying "bye."

"Thank you, bye" I respond

Arriving at house 6, the driver drags my bag in. I nervously stay glued to Mabel's side.

The house's exterior is a calming grey with a blue roof, accentuated by stone pillars at the front and a neat small lawn.

Two potted plants welcome us in front of the foggy glass door. Following the driver inside, I enter a living room where a girl with beautiful long, blonde, curly hair and piercing green eyes is engrossed in watching TV.