3.Next level

It's been a whole month since my auditions, and JYPE hasn't contacted me

It's been a whole month since my auditions, and JYPE hasn't contacted me. I'm low-key freaking out. What if I got the boot, but they're too shady to even let me know?

I've talked about this whole thing with my parents. My dad is totally anti my K-pop idol dreams. To him, I should be all about that university dream, get that degree, and then dive into the medical field, maybe even jet off to Saudi Arabia.

His vision sounds chill and all, but if I make the cut, I'm dropping the medical dream like a hot potato.

My mom, on the other hand, is stoked about the opportunity. She almost announced it on the family group chat. She's already researching about  what life's like in Korea.

"You look like you just lost your dog," Sarah remarks as she savors her ice cream.

She dragged me out on this scorching afternoon to "hang out" with our high school classmates.

I've been MIA from my old classmates for the past three months, waiting for that acceptance letter.

Sarah's a total social butterfly, and I'm... not. I'm basically allergic to human interaction. It's not like I can't fake it; I'm a pro. I just hate it.

I only socialize when there's no escape. Sitting across from us, next to her, are the gossip queens of our class. Of all the people to run into, it had to be them. I'm not really into tearing other girls down, but some are just too shallow to bother with.

"You look like you'd rather be anywhere but here," Sarah says as she rolls her eyes.

"That's because I'd rather be anywhere but here."

"Come on, be nice," she mutters, slightly annoyed that I'm not vibing with this hangout.

"They're your friends, not mine. So, of course, I'm not gonna look like I'm having a blast. I don't even like them."

"Then why'd you even come?"

I turn to the voice's owner, Tolu.

"Excuse me?"

"Why'd you show up if you don't like us? You weren't even invited," she and her squad shoot me dirty looks.

"I see that as my cue to bounce," I sling my bag over my shoulder. "Later, Sarah."

I've been BFFs with Sarah since forever, and she still doesn't get that I'm not an extrovert like her. She drags me to parties, events , weddings, burials, concerts, crusades, name it!

I love her but she should understand it makes me uncomfortable.

I get a notification from my email as I stand at the side of the road trying to wave down a tricycle.

I usually don't bother checking my emails because it's just the bank reminding me of my spending or annoying spam from Quora and IG. But now, I'm eagerly waiting for an acceptance letter from my school and JYPE, so I'm glued to my inbox.