5. Bye

Sarah holds my hand tightly as we walk towards the entrance of the airport.

My flight is in 3 hours. I'm excited but mostly sad. Sarah cried all the way to the airport. I did shed a few tears with her. She's happy for me but she's gonna miss me. I'm gonna miss her as well. She's basically my sister. It's gonna be hard initially not having her at my side most of the time.

My mum hasn't shown any sadness since. She's very excited. I'm starting to think she just wants me gone.

My dad isn't exactly happy about the whole arrangement but he can't do anything about it. He's been mostly silent.

My brother is mostly happy for me. He's been of great help in getting me ready for the journey. I said goodbye to his friends last night. They took me out during the day to a fun fair. It was really fun. Then at the end of the day they squeezed me in hugs and said their goodbyes.

After I check in my ticket, means of identification and other essentials, I turn to my family. My mum pulls me into a tight hug.

"I love you so much. You've made me so proud." She pulls away and holds my hands "you've always been a source of joy to me. I'm blessed to have a daughter like you. I'm excited for this new journey of your life but I won't lie I'm going to miss you. I'll call you everyday okay?"

"Okay" I nod as few tears escape my eyes.

My father hugs me next "bye my little star"

"Big star" my mum corrects

"My big star. I believe you'll go there and make us proud. I love you very much. I'm worried about you going to a strange land with no family or friends but I think you can handle yourself. If you need help with anything, I mean anything please let us know immediately. "

"Eat well too, exercise, meet friends, don't be depressed, alright " my mum adds

"Okay "

My brother hugs me next "I'm still surprised you're leaving. Leaving me with this koala" he says referring to Sarah. She has an attribute of clinging to him.

I smile a bit. "Take care of her "

"I'm not promising anything." He says "I know it won't be easy to achieve your dream but persevere to the end. I know my sister , she's a fighter. "

"You think too highly of me" I shake my head with a little smile " but thank you"

"That's enough" my best friend drags me away from him and the rest of my family further away from them.

"What?" I notice her suspicious behaviour.

"Look, I'm sad you're going but I'll get over it. When you get there don't cry.
Promise you won't cry"

"I can't promise that"

"Okay whatever " she waves her hand dismissively" I want to see you on tv okay. I'll let everyone know my best friend is a celebrity "

"Girl chill, I've not trained yet"

"Do I look like I care?" She points at her straight face "also, I want to know every detail. I'll bug you for it. "

I roll my eyes

"Now unto the main stuff" I lift a curious brow.

"You had better meet a nice guy there. Put you Korean fetish to use atleast."

"What Korean fetish " my eyes widen in shock "I don't have a Korean fetish. What are you saying "

"That's a lie. Since you started stanning straykids you've not had feelings for anyone."