Chapter 55

Edmund decided that taking his little sister Amelia out for lunch would be the perfect distraction from the problems in his life so they went to a cute little kids restaurant which was a little too colorful for Edmund's taste.

He pulled out a chair for his sister , something he always did. He wanted to set the standard of men she would allow in her life.

"How is school going these days? You don't talk much about it?" Edmund asked as he took his seat in a rather small chair that was too close to the ground.

"Stressful brother , very stressful" she sighed.

Edmund laughed at this , if she thought life was stressful now , wait until she gets older.

"Yeah but you're a strong girl , you will be fine" he assured her.

She smiled at him showing all her teeth just as a waitress placed two menus infront of them.

"I love your hair" Amelia was obsessed with the waitresses red hair.

"Aw thank you sweetheart" the red headed woman said and Edmund noticed a bit of an American accent.

"Will you just give us a moment to look at the menu " Edmund squinted his eyes to look at her name take "Uh Rachel"

"No problem your Royal highness" Rachel bowed and winked at him.

Rachel left the table , giving Amelia and Edmund a chance to browse the menu

"Eww" Amelia rolled her eyes.

"What?"

"You and that lady were flirting" she pretended to gag.

"Firstly we were not and secondly so what if we were ?...Don't you want me to find a wife?" He joked with her.

"Yeah but not her" she continued to look at her brother funnily , like she just tasted something disgusting.

"Then who?" He was curious to see who she would say.

"I don't know" she shrugged " someone like Kate"

Edmunds smile flattered. Kate. He thought about how he just left her in his room. He wondered what she did when she woke up...what she thought.

Amelia noticed her brothers expression had changed "What's wrong?".

"Nothing , I'm fine" He then signaled for the waitress.

Amelia enjoyed her food and Edmund thought it was pretty decent.

"Shall we get some ice cream?" Edmund asked , he felt for ice cream more than her.

"Yessss pleaseee" she giggled.

They found an ice cream stand on their walk and stopped at it.

"What would you like Amelia?"

"Half mint , half strawberry please"
Edmund remembered in that moment that it was also their mothers favorite ice cream.

Edmund turned to the ice cream vendor "Could I please have one chocolate ice cream in a cup and one half mint half strawberry in a cone? Thank you".

While they were eating their ice cream. Edmund took a second to look at Amelia .She had their mothers eyes.

"Do you know that was mothers favorite chocolate as well?" Edmund told her , he had hoped he didn't make her sad at the mention of their mother.

"Yes , Father had mentioned it to be oneday when we went out for ice cream" Amelia took a bite out of the cone.

"He did?" Edmund seemed shocked that his father would share such information with his sister.

"Yes , he said that you , Harry  , mother and him used to have ice cream almost every Friday afternoon".

Edmund smiled at his sister words.Those were the days he thought. The very few happy memories he had with his parents. He wished Amelia could have experienced it but by the time she was born , it was way too late.

"That's right , we did" Edmund ate the last of his ice cream " We should get going".

"I had a lot of fun today" Amelia hugged her brother.

"So did I"