Chapter 27.

Edmund woke up in his bed conflicted about what he was feeling. On one hand he wanted to kiss Kate everyday of his life and one the other it felt like he was betraying his brother , almost like he was turning into his father. Edmund laid in his bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Good morning your royal highness" Frederick , "your brothers are requesting you for breakfast".

Edmumd's heart dropped , was William aware of what had happened the previous night , "I'll be right there".

Edmund got out of bed , had a quick shower and made his way downstairs to where his brothers were waiting for him.

"Took you long enough" Harry said , "we thought we could have breakfast together for your first day back"he added.

"How thoughtful" Edmund sat in his usual seat , avoiding eye contact with William.

"Yes Harry has been unusually kind these last few weeks , almost as if he wants something"William said , "By the way Ed where were you yesterday?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Edmund played around with his cereal.

"I tried looking for you , Uncle Edward wished to speak to you". William added.

"I went out of a bit of fresh air , then I made my way to bed. I will call uncle Edward today to see what he wanted" Edmund told William.

"All right then" William said suspiciously.

The boys ate their breakfast in Silence.

Edmund had been relaxing in front of the television , reading the daily newspaper , catching up on all the new he had missed while he was away.

"Your royal highness" Frederick spoke, hands behind his back as he entered the living room area , "A man by the name of Jacskon Andrews is here to see you"

"Oh yes I almost forgot about that , Tell him to wait in my office" Edmund placed the newspaper down as he got up.

Jackson bowed before Edmund , "Your royal highness. I have come to see you based on your request".

"Yes" Edmund put his hand out for Jackson to shake , "How would you like to be my personal secretary?" He waited for the answer.

Jackson was surprised by what Edmund had been asking him "Me?Are you sure?" He took a step forward , "I am probably not the best person to fill this position".

"Nonsense , If the Queen trusts you to look out for me I think you're fine" Edmund turned around to sit behind his desk , "As I am learning how to be King , as such you will learn your new job".

Jackson stuttered , he did not know how to answer.

"Are you really going to say no to the future King" Edmund smirked.

Jackson laughed , "I won't let you down".

"You better not".

How do you guys feel about the friendship between Edmund and Jackson?
Don't forget to comment and vote :)