chapter 45

It had been a few hours since the death of the Queen had been announced to her family , now it had to be announced to the world.Prince Edmund, dressed in a black mourning attire, stood before a multitude of people,a mixture of sadness and determination etched on his face.
Prince Edmund stepped forward to address the somber gathering. The room fell into silence, the air heavy with anticipation.

PRINCE EDMUND , lifted his gaze, and with a  steady voice , "Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests, and beloved citizens of our great nation, I stand before you today with a heavy heart, burdened by the weight of sorrow that has befallen us".

The crowd leans in, their collective breaths held in anticipation.

Edmund had cleared his throat away from the mic , "It is with immense grief that I must inform you that our beloved monarch, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, my dear granny, has passed away. She has departed from this world to join the heavens, leaving behind an indelible legacy of dedication, duty, and unwavering love for her people".

A collective gasp fills the room as tears well up in the eyes of many in attendance.

Prince Edmund took a moment to compose himself ," Queen Elizabeth was not only a monarch but a symbol of resilience, strength, and devotion. For over seven decades, she has guided our nation through triumphs and trials, always embodying the spirit of unity and service. Today, we mourn the loss of an extraordinary leader, a compassionate soul, and above all, a beloved grandmother".

Prince Edmund's voice quivers
slightly, emotions threatening to overwhelm him. He took a deep breath and continues, his determination resurfacing , "In this moment of profound sorrow, I implore you all to remember the values she held dear. Let us honor her memory by upholding the unity and harmony she championed throughout her reign. Together, we shall face the challenges that lie ahead, just as she would have wanted".

He contuined, "May we find solace in each other during this trying time. And may we forever carry the torch of Queen Elizabeth's legacy, illuminating the path toward a future she would be proud of. God save the Queen".

The room erupts in a chorus of "God save the Queen," the words echoing through the grand chamber, their collective voices carrying the weight of a nation's mourning.

As the crowd mourned among each other , Edmund had found the face of Kate , from which he drew much a needed comfort