Chapter Eight

POV: Malakai

"Hey, why did you drive without me?" Mia pouted as she stood by our lockers.

"Do you know who Delilah is?" I asked instead of answering her question.

She looked at me confused. "Of course, I know who Delilah is, my mother talks about her all the time. How she does so much stuff but she can never get proof,"

"How come I've never seen her before?" I asked myself rather than Mia.

"Well that's probably because she only hangs out with the co-captain cheerleaders and, the guy who is amazing at art William"

"But if she hangs out with the cheerleaders I should have seen her before," I frowned in confusion.

"Well, all I know is that they all eat at the school cafeteria. And we haven't for the past two years Because of the incident We usually go to Pancakes&waffles"

"Oh well I'm eating in the school cafeteria from now on," I made my mind up.

"Wait is she the girl who you think is your soulmate? And the girl you hurried so fast to get to school to see? I didn't have my car at your house so your brother drove me and he didn't let me drive And now the girls saw me lacking," Mia grunted out.

"First of all I know that she is my soulmate second of all She is so beautiful," I replied smiling ear to ear remembering her face.

"Well I have something to say to make you stop smiling," Mia grinned.

"Nothing you say could make me stop smiling," I ignored her.

Just before Mia could say something four people came into our private school.
The first two were the co-captains of the cheerleading squad. And my heart skipped a beat as I saw the beautiful goddess known as Delilah.

They were all walking side by side as some people came up to them to say hi mainly the cheer team.

But all I could focus on was the ponytail girl with a hoodie and some brown pants.

And I could have stirred at her for longer before my supposed-to-be friend yanked me around.

"Today is the day you are going to find out whether you got to be captain or not," Mia's face formed into a smile while mine disappeared.

"Fuck I forgot that was supposed to be today. when?" I asked now stressing out

"In five minutes," Mia sang out And I so wanted to hurt her but I didn't have time so I ran to Coach's office with Mia laughing behind me as she followed.

Just as I got there I saw Coach Smith's and all of my teammates standing up in the small office.

"Nice for you to join us miss Rewojones and Miss O'Connor," Couch sat down on her desk.

"Sorry Mrs Smith," Both me and Mia muttered While our idiot teammates snickered.

"So I know that all of you are here to find out who will be the captain in senior year and as much as I want to choose one As a team you should choose And the good news is that you have two months to decide, now get out of my office," Couch grumbled out not even looking at us or giving us room to complain.

They all followed me and Sean to the boys' locker room.

"So how about you two just play Rock Paper Scissors And the winner is the captain?" Dan had a smile like he solved the issue As we are now huddled in the stinky and disgusting locker room.

I mean seriously what do they do in here?

Some agreed until Sean said "Stop being idiots obviously I should be the captain"